Question I pulled the SSD sticker off ?

Aug 24, 2023
So I’m an idiot, I pulled the sticker off, I’m super new at this. I still have it though, what are my options? Can I just put the sticker back on? While I did a search on this in the forum, I found the ‘solution’ but I didn’t understand it, as I’m said I’m super green at this, if someone could help it would be much appreciate, thank you.

So I’m an idiot, I pulled the sticker off, I’m super new at this. I still have it though, what are my options? Can I just put the sticker back on? While I did a search on this in the forum, I found the ‘solution’ but I didn’t understand it, as I’m said I’m super green at this, if someone could help it would be much appreciate, thank you.
M.2 SSD ? If you damaged it or you can't stick it back invisibly you lost warranty. If you don't need warranty, might as well keep it off, i doesn't hurt nor help

The sticker might have been a heat spreader can you stick it back on?

Aug 24, 2023
Ok so the first pic shows the ssd with the sticker back on, a little damaged. Then second and third pics, that’s the covering for the ssd, just screw it on right? The sticker covers the paste on the ssd, and then the paste is also under the covering shown in pics two and three and they go together.

The last pic, another issue :( the screw has been stripped, all of the other ones came off with minimal effort except for that one, is it safe to assume I’m just boned on that one? I probably tried harder then I should have to get it off and even put duct tape on the screw to try and twist it off, no luck.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/6vX5DiB

Ok so the first pic shows the ssd with the sticker back on, a little damaged. Then second and third pics, that’s the covering for the ssd, just screw it on right? The sticker covers the paste on the ssd, and then the paste is also under the covering shown in pics two and three and they go together.

The last pic, another issue :( the screw has been stripped, all of the other ones came off with minimal effort except for that one, is it safe to assume I’m just boned on that one? I probably tried harder then I should have to get it off and even put duct tape on the screw to try and twist it off, no luck.
You didn't post any pictures...

Aug 24, 2023
Yes I did take the blue plastic off :) so what’s the verdict? Ok to just put the sticker back on and install?

Aug 24, 2023
There is a paste underneath the sticker of the ssd and one under the cover for the ssd that came with the motherboard.

There is a paste underneath the sticker of the ssd and one under the cover for the ssd that came with the motherboard.
Never heard of something like that, thermal paste and thermal/heat transfer pads don't go together, It's either but not both. Thermal/heat transfer pads are used when there's clearance between cooler and part to be cooled where paste can't fill, paste where there is direct contact between two of them.

Aug 24, 2023
Yeah if you look at the pics, the ssd has paste under the sticker, and the cover that screws in on top also has paste, what am I doing wrong?

Yeah if you look at the pics, the ssd has paste under the sticker, and also has paste, what am I doing wrong?
Paste under the sticker is probably just adhesive although heat conductive..
On the cover (serves as a heat sink) that screws on top should be just a piece of thin (1-2mm) very fine foam like substance covered with thin plastic foil that keeps it from dust and should be removed just prior of installation.

Aug 24, 2023
Ah ok I appreciate the help, well, I just put in one I didn’t take the sticker off of. The other two are going back to Lenovo since the other port has a stripped screw on the cover. The sticker didn’t have any warnings about not taking it off and the damn thing didn’t even come with instructions so hopefully they take it back.

Aug 24, 2023
Will see what happens when they get it though the mail, doesn’t seem fair since the sticker didn’t have any warnings and it didn’t come with any intructions.