[SOLVED] I punched my monitor when I was angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2019
Hi guys!I punched my monitor when I was angry and this is how it looks.
20190422_142602.jpg

Reactions: pissedoff55yoguy
Solution
...I punched my monitor when I was angry...
I'd call that bad, but you can ignore me and break the rest of your stuff, if you want.

The LCD is NOT REPAIRABLE, and a 6 year-old laptop isn't worth spending the money on buying a new display; which you can waste your own time searching-up on the Internet to see the prices for yourself.

You can:
1.) Find and buy a replacement LCD.
2.) Buy an external monitor and use that.
3.) Buy a new laptop.
4.) Build a desktop and use that instead.
...I punched my monitor when I was angry...
I'd call that bad, but you can ignore me and break the rest of your stuff, if you want.

The LCD is NOT REPAIRABLE, and a 6 year-old laptop isn't worth spending the money on buying a new display; which you can waste your own time searching-up on the Internet to see the prices for yourself.

You can:
1.) Find and buy a replacement LCD.
2.) Buy an external monitor and use that.
3.) Buy a new laptop.
4.) Build a desktop and use that instead.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
How is that bad?I barely touched that monitor.and Everything except it it's perfect.

Except for a couple minutes, Mrs. Lincoln really enjoyed her evening at Ford's Theater. Except for that, it was a perfect evening!

You've destroyed the display. Now your options are what Allan outlined to you. And I also agree about anger management, this was a very unhealthy reaction. If just being angry is enough to cause you to destroy your things, you could very easily destroy someone else's things or even hit a person in the future.

Apr 20, 2019
www.instagram.com
I'm guessing that's an ASUS laptop?
As many have said here, since you've been using the laptop for all those years, maybe you can consider just buying a new laptop instead which will be more up to date and will be able to last you another 5-6 years maybe.

If that's out of budget or simply not necessary for what you use your laptop for, I'd go look around to see if you can find any good shops where they'll replace it for you. Or you can find a display online and replace it by yourself if you can do so.

Also perhaps try to invest in a punching bag or something, so you can hit that instead of your laptop screen, it'll save you some money in the long run! :)

Good luck!

Sagar_20

Distinguished
This is probably the worst thing a man can do. It reminds me of how i had destroyed my acer monitor aiming a football on it, back in 2010.

I totally understand your situation but trust me getting it repaired could be nearly as expensive as getting a brand new monitor.

That's what i was told by the acer expert.

Last edited:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Don't tell me from 2 seconds of being angry I need to buy another one.

This is what we are telling you.

Wholly agree with the others, here.

The best you can do is try to disassemble the monitor and replace the LCD, then reassemble it. Better yet, hopefully you purchased some form of warranty for it and you can simply send it in to get it replaced.

But yes...it is broken and the question is 'why did you punch your monitor'? I don't recall ever being angry enough from work, gaming, etc that required that I physically assault my PC hardware. This aggression is a real concern and I would recommend finding a professional to help you control it.

This requires a physical replacement of the LCD panel.
Stop punching things.

D

Deleted member 14196

It's impossible to fix it?I used this monitor for like 5-6 years from the date I got my laptop.Don't tell me from 2 seconds of being angry I need to buy another one.
You need to buy another one. Anger is a WASTE of energy and emotion dude. Look at the damage you can do in 2 seconds. A repair would be more than buying a new one most likely, you destroyed the panel.

I do understand, over twenty years ago I was programming for a big deadline and I punched my CRT monitor in anger while debugging--didn't break it but almost broke my knuckles on that thick glass tube... lol

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Eh, none of you guys has ever punched a keyboard, smashed a mouse against the desk or (probably unsuccesfully) tried to mangle a game controller? Everyone is a marvel of calmness 100% of the time I'm sure :unsure:

In any case, that display is definitely broken, but a quick search on ebay might reveal a replacement screen. Unless it's some oddball brand, it would probably not be expensive and also shouldn't be too hard to replace. Gotta keep in mind though that most laptops have different hardware revisions and the displays may not be compatible, so make sure you're buying the right part.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Eh, none of you guys has ever punched a keyboard, smashed a mouse against the desk or (probably unsuccesfully) tried to mangle a game controller? Everyone is a marvel of calmness 100% of the time I'm sure :unsure:

In any case, that display is definitely broken, but a quick search on ebay might reveal a replacement screen. Unless it's some oddball brand, it would probably not be expensive and also shouldn't be too hard to replace. Gotta keep in mind though that most laptops have different hardware revisions and the displays may not be compatible, so make sure you're buying the right part.
The implied casual nature of that assumption is.....unsettling.
Good point

LOL, i broke so many things, but not my rig or my monitor am not that rich to buy a new rig or a monitor if i get pissed i'll just throw like a water bottle or something away on a wall and thats it, the biggest thing i broke is a glass window just because i was that pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.