[SOLVED] i put my psu fan to draw from inside the pc is that bad?

Jul 4, 2020
specs:
cpu: ryzen 5 1300x
gpu: 1060 3gb
ram:2x8gb
mobo:b350m gaming pro
psu:be quiet pure power 11 600w

Solution
If its a bottom mount case with a bottom grill for the psu it should always be turned downwards.

That isolates the psu from the rest of the system.

Its pointless having it pointing up because in essence heat doesn't sit at the bottom of the case, it can also interfere with GPU fans if they're in close proximity.

Its not going to cause damage but it's not optimal at all.

If its a top mount psu case (which is an old standard nowadays and also not optimal compared to modern cases ) then it's fine, it will act an an extra exhaust for the CPU.
The psu WILL run hotter though.
If its a bottom mount case with a bottom grill for the psu it should always be turned downwards.

That isolates the psu from the rest of the system.

Its pointless having it pointing up because in essence heat doesn't sit at the bottom of the case, it can also interfere with GPU fans if they're in close proximity.

Its not going to cause damage but it's not optimal at all.

If its a top mount psu case (which is an old standard nowadays and also not optimal compared to modern cases ) then it's fine, it will act an an extra exhaust for the CPU.
The psu WILL run hotter though.

Reactions: bababoi
Solution
Jul 4, 2020
From what I'm seeing that case has ventilation holes on the bottom for the PSU to draw air from, why is the fan drawing air from inside the PC?
i thought it was gonna make airflow better (i changed it now) cause im still missing two fans on top of the case :) anyways thanks for your time