[SOLVED] I randomly get 100 % packet loss

Nov 15, 2021
Hello
I randomly get 100 % packet loss, it happens about 1 time an hour or so and while i'm talking to people in discord i can still hear them talking for like 10-20 seconds before the internet completely shuts down for another 1-2 min.
Sometimes i only get a 100 % packet loss for 10-20 sek where i can hear everyone in discord and see other players characters move around while playing games, but i can't move or go on to a website.

I don't know much about tech but i figured i'd post it here to see if anyone know's a solution.

I tried restarting my router, factory resetting my router and i called my internet provider and they told me the problem probably has nothing to do with my pc.

Also it might be worth mentioning that i had the same problem about 2-3 months ago but back then it was ONLY for 10-20 seconds. But after restarting my router it did not happen again until 3 days ago

https://pasteboard.co/R1FI3nd7orV1.png

https://pasteboard.co/YnVhWWXJ30fz.png

Solution
The most likely things is that the internet is actually going down.

Your router or your modem might have a log entry. What you want to do is leave a constant ping command running to your router IP. This is to rules out the router and your pc and the cabling between them. It is very rare for the router to be the problem.

If you can go fast enough you likely can get into the router admin page when you see these failures. You want to use the actual IP rather than the name in your web browser when you attempt this when the internet is down. You could also I guess just leave a window open to the router. Many routers have the ability to test the network or run pings from the menu.

If your router tests good I would...
The most likely things is that the internet is actually going down.

Your router or your modem might have a log entry. What you want to do is leave a constant ping command running to your router IP. This is to rules out the router and your pc and the cabling between them. It is very rare for the router to be the problem.

If you can go fast enough you likely can get into the router admin page when you see these failures. You want to use the actual IP rather than the name in your web browser when you attempt this when the internet is down. You could also I guess just leave a window open to the router. Many routers have the ability to test the network or run pings from the menu.

If your router tests good I would again call the ISP and discuss this with them. It likely means the problem is outside your house.

Solution
Nov 15, 2021
Hello thank you for a quick response and sorry for my late response.

The problem has stopped on it's own now, just like the last time i had this issue.

And the internet provider said they could not find anything wrong.

I still have zero clues of what is causing this to happen in the first place which is annoying, all i know is that it is not on my end (router/pc).

What I would do is open 2 cmd windows and leave a constant ping run to your router IP and to 8.8.8.8

When it finally fails again you will be able to check and see if it is the router or the internet.

Intermittent problems are very hard for a ISP to fix because unless they happen why you talk to them they might not even detect it.

I randomly get 100 % packet loss, it happens about 1 time an hour or so and while i'm talking to people in discord i can still hear them talking for like 10-20 seconds before the internet completely shuts down for another 1-2 min.
How are you connected to network? Are you using wifi?
Probably somebody turned on microwave oven nearby. This can disrupt wifi signal.

If you're connected via ethernet cable, then probably your router is overheating.