I really don´t know which PSU to choose...

kurography

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Hello guys ^^

So I´m building a PC right now (more like picking parts) and now I´m at the PSU part... I initially opted for a Corsair RM750x but then I read all of the negative reviews and now I´m kinda worried it might not be the best choice for my build.

Here is my PC build for now:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kurography/saved/sNqkdC (Note: The CPU cooler is not the one I´m going to buy; I´ll be buying a Corsair H100x, which sadly is not an option on Partpicker)

Thanks for any answers ^^

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

kurography

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

Do you think the single EPS slot will be a bit of a headache in the future?

Likely not, but if you are worried about a single CPU power cable then there are other PSU's that have 2 cables like the Seasonic Prime Ultra Series (750W).

The Titanium 650W and 750W both have 2 CPU power cables.

(I own both 650W and 750W Seasonic Prime Titanium PSU's)

A GTX1080ti will typically need only a 600w psu:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

The unit you picked is a good one and will do the job.
I have no problem overprovisioning a PSU a bit. Say 20%.
It will allow for a stronger future graphics card upgrade.
It will run cooler, quieter, and more efficiently in the middle third of it's range.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.

If I have a criticism of your proposed build, it is with a aio cooler, whatever the brand.
You have a very nice NZXT case with good airflow and 165mm available for an air cooler.
The noctua NH-D15s will cool equally well, be cheaper, quieter, more reliable, and will not leak.

kurography

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

Huh I heard the cooler part alot but I mean, I really like AIOs and this is the cheapest 240mm AIO I could find. I think air coolers just look so chunky and way less sleek than an AIO. The cooler perfectly fits in my budget, so there´s no need for me to find a cheaper one. Do you think I will have performance issues with it?

If looks count more for you, then, by all means go ahead with the H100x.
Your case has only one place to mount the radiator for such a cooler, namely in the front.
Your best bet is to mount it as an intake, but then, your motherboard and graphics card will get the heated air from the radiator.
OTOH, if you mount it to send heated air out the front, you will not cool the cpu as well and you will have a dirtier case because it will be drawing in unfiltered air.

If you really want an aio cooler, buy a 120mm one and mount it at the top or rear to send the cpu heat out of the case.

kurography

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

Would you recommend an H60 for 120mm?

No way, the i7 8700K will over power ANY 120mm AIO.

Need at least a 240mm or better yet a 280mm AIO.

I agree with the above a good air cooler like the NH D15 is very hard to beat.

Need a higher end AIO to beat a NH D15 and that will cost a lot more.

Solution