I really need help ASAP!!

benlee_12

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
Look everyone, i made this account specifically so i could ask this. I really need help. Now i have heard from a local computer store that building a pc yourself might not be as stable as buying a pre-built one such as lenevo-think series. I know its cheaper and all that but i need to know if the system would be unstable if i dont use certain parts etc.

BTW- Ive been looking for a good gaming PC for the past like 5 hours, at this point im so confused with shat that its almost annoying....
Thanks for commenting.... IF you do.....

Regardless of whether you ll build it or not , and you want a strong gaming PC :
get Intel Core i5 for processor . It is the best option for gaming . Not the expensive i7 . As for FX 8350/8320 they have 8 but weak cores . Avoid them . For GPU could get/pick
GTX 970 .. This is the best bang for the buck .

benlee_12

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
Thanks Everyone! I didnt expect so many responses! xD Pretty Cool. I did find a Asus pre-built that looks to be a good investment, I know one of you will say, you can build that same pc cheaper if you do it yourself.... I Know...... xDD Thanks for the feedback everyone! Still deciding weather to build my own or just get pre-built.....

Swifty, My budget is around $1000 And i dont have a OS or monitor. I got a keyboard and mouse. Ill be playing pretty much any game i want to play on it XDD Between minecraft, FPS, and WoW and all dat good stuff. xDD

Wolfshadw

Titan
Just tossing this out. In my opinion, the break even point between building and buying is around the $550. Spending less than that and you're better off buying off the shelf. More than that and you're better off building.

Again, just my opinion.

-Wolf sends

LewisDTC

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
There's no reason not to build yourself as far as quality is concerned. If anything, self builds are MORE stable as you know that there are no shoddy-quality parts going in. I've found that pre-built PC's often have cheap, shoddy power supplies for example.

Then there's the cost.

I'm only just building my own machine for the first time, simply because I like the convenience of just buying a pre-built one. In my opinion it's not a huge loss until you start looking at higher end machines.

Personally though, I'd not buy from the place that told you that home builds are unstable, as if they were willing to lie to try and squeeze a sale out of you, they might well lie about more important things as well.