[SOLVED] I really need help, my computer isnt booting ( red light) ?

Dec 8, 2020
Hey y'all my computer isn't running. I just finished building it and the mobo is displaying the red light in the bottom right hand corner. It does a little sequence and then cuts out. My specs are:
i9-9900k( I know I know the mismatches in these specs are insane because of i9 9900k which btw I got for a discount from a friend thats why I got it and not a i7 9700k or something dont judge I just here for why this build isn't starting is my main priority)
dark rock pro 4
z390 Ud mobo
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-76E500B/AM
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Baracuda 2 tb HDD
Fractal meshify C case (white if that matters lol)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVK
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular, ECO Mode with Dbb Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Compact 150mm Size, ( if it helps this psu is emiting a yellow light idk if its meant to do that)

Solution
What is that "little sequence"?

The motherboard's User Guide/Manual and/or the manufacturer's website should provide some explanation about the sequence's meaning.

You mentioned "mismatches": unfortunately mismatches put everything into doubt.

You must carefully look at the motherboard's listing of supported components/ QVL (Qualified Vendors List). The list may be presented to some extent in the motherboard's User Manual but often includes a statement referring to the motherboard's website to obtain more update information or related changes. Know your motherboard's version.

Likewise, the PSU's User Manual should explain the yellow light (LED) and what the LED and perhaps the color may indicate.

First: Double check that the...

Ralston18

Titan
What is that "little sequence"?

The motherboard's User Guide/Manual and/or the manufacturer's website should provide some explanation about the sequence's meaning.

You mentioned "mismatches": unfortunately mismatches put everything into doubt.

You must carefully look at the motherboard's listing of supported components/ QVL (Qualified Vendors List). The list may be presented to some extent in the motherboard's User Manual but often includes a statement referring to the motherboard's website to obtain more update information or related changes. Know your motherboard's version.

Likewise, the PSU's User Manual should explain the yellow light (LED) and what the LED and perhaps the color may indicate.

First: Double check that the components are all correct and compatible. Ensure that none of the things you are seeing are error indicators of some sort. Or, if an error indication what that error may be.

Second: Power down, unplug, open the case. Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force anything when assembling a new build. Connections can be tight or stiff. Thus some connection that appears to be in place is truly not in place. You may need to carefully unplug and replug (or unseat and reseat) all components a few times to ensure all are properly connected.

Third: Walk through your build using the motherboard's User Manual, component user manuals, etc. to ensure that you did not inadvertently miss a step or misunderstand some step. Basically a do-over knowing that something is wrong so take nothing for granted. Check and recheck.

Solution

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Last edited: