[SOLVED] I recently switched from a "gaming" laptop to a Desktop

MikeSch

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
As stated before i recently switched from laptop to desktop and I'm struggling to learn using normal sized keyboards, is there a brand that sells laptop sized keyboards? or is there a certain form factor that I should look for?

Solution
Well there are "mini" keyboards; however, you will need to take a close look at the physical size specs to determine how close any given "mini" is to the laptop keyboard you have become accustomed to typing on.

Do you touch type?

Overall, you will be better off just working with standard size keyboards and not locking yourself into a "custom" requirement albeit "gaming" or "mini".

Remember: laptop docking stations were created so people could use larger monitors, keyboards, and mice instead of the small laptop screen, small keyboard, and somewhat awkward "mouse" joystick/touch pad.

Maybe an ergonomic keyboard would help.

Just try as many keyboards as you can find and it is very likely that one of them will prove viable.

Ralston18

Titan
Well there are "mini" keyboards; however, you will need to take a close look at the physical size specs to determine how close any given "mini" is to the laptop keyboard you have become accustomed to typing on.

Do you touch type?

Overall, you will be better off just working with standard size keyboards and not locking yourself into a "custom" requirement albeit "gaming" or "mini".

Remember: laptop docking stations were created so people could use larger monitors, keyboards, and mice instead of the small laptop screen, small keyboard, and somewhat awkward "mouse" joystick/touch pad.

Maybe an ergonomic keyboard would help.

Just try as many keyboards as you can find and it is very likely that one of them will prove viable.

Solution