Question I replaced the motherboard but now have other issues ?

Nov 28, 2023
I am attempting to get some old Windows 7 programs to work on a computer I built in 2012.
In 2017, it's ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard packed up. Recently I replaced it with a used Asus P9X79 LE motherboard which came with a CPU and some RAM.

I installed the board and CPU, and replaced the RAM with my 8 sticks of 32GB. The Windows 7 Professional boots up but says "The activation period has expired". Of course Windows 7 is no longer supported. I am trying to save the programs (only running on Windows 7) and data on the old hard drives. If I buy a new copy of Windows 7, and a new hard drive, and have the new hard drive load-up with Wndows 7, will the programs load on the original second hard drive (which will be drive #2)? I am guessing not. Is there a solution to my problem?

1) You won't be able to get a "new" copy of Windows 7 Pro as its no longer produced or supported. <Talk of piracy redacted by Moderator>
2) If the programs were originally loaded (installed) on the 2nd drive at the time of installation then those directories should still be intact but the registry entries, etc. that control other parts of functionality will be broken and won't work unless the program offers a repair function sort of like Steam does.