[SOLVED] I screwed up badly

Dmeercat

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020
So I am impatient as hell and did a full wipe on all my hard drives and ssds and resetting my pc because of viruses well I force shut off my pc because it was taking to long and now I cant even boot up to windows. Is my Hard drive broken and my SSD? Can I even use the computer anymore?

Solution
I didn't finish it I got to like 9 percent after 5 hours and stopped it
It doesn't matter if finished or not, even one byte deleted from critical place can make the rest of data unusable and OS not working. If you really wiped at least part of disk, that replaces data with zeros or other data bits and bytes so it's irretrievable.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
I assume you can still boot to BIOS? Does the BIOS show you the SSD and HDD? If it does, at least we know the drives aren't completely dead. You can try and see whether either drives accept a fresh Windows install.

Yeah, doing a full wipe takes mindnumbingly long, for most users quick wipe is good enough. On top of that, abrupt power loss is very bad for HDDs, they can get damaged physically. SSDs, probably data loss.

Dmeercat

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020
I assume you can still boot to BIOS? Does the BIOS show you the SSD and HDD? If it does, at least we know the drives aren't completely dead. You can try and see whether either drives accept a fresh Windows install.

Yeah, doing a full wipe takes mindnumbingly long, for most users quick wipe is good enough. On top of that, abrupt power loss is very bad for HDDs, they can get damaged physically. SSDs, probably data loss.
yea I can still boot into bios just nothing after that.
Do I need to install windows onto a flash drive right?

So I am impatient as hell and did a full wipe on all my hard drives and ssds and resetting my pc because of viruses well I force shut off my pc because it was taking to long and now I cant even boot up to windows. Is my Hard drive broken and my SSD? Can I even use the computer anymore?
How did you do that "full wipe" ? If you wiped disk with OS on it, it's reasonable to expect that OS is not working any more.
Now you need to reinstall windows on your main disk, One advice, disconnect all other drives until Windows are installed. After that you will have to format other ones.

Dmeercat

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020
How did you do that "full wipe" ? If you wiped disk with OS on it, it's reasonable to expect that OS is not working any more.
Now you need to reinstall windows on your main disk, One advice, disconnect all other drives until Windows are installed. After that you will have to format other ones.
I didn't finish it I got to like 9 percent after 5 hours and stopped it

Dmeercat

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020
Disconnect all drives except the one you intend to install Windows on and then restart the install. When the install is complete, then you can reconnect the other drives.

-Wolf sends
So I did the windows reinstall and got everything working is it critical I do that. The one problem I’m having is after running a User benchmark Is saying something about my Hard drive
" RAM cached drive detected "
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

So I did the windows reinstall and got everything working is it critical I do that. The one problem I’m having is after running a User benchmark Is saying something about my Hard drive
" RAM cached drive detected "
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) Performance Results - UserBenchmark
Do you have a Samsung SATA SSD with "Rapid mode" enabled ?
Another (more likely) possibility is that your second SSD doesn't have own cache and using system RAM for caching. (Judging by it's performance).