[SOLVED] I screwed up when updating my motherboard's BIOS, and now it is stuck at "verifying dim pool data"

Feb 6, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a bad problem that I hope someone here may be able to help me with. I was recently updating all my pc's drivers with a program named Driver Booster, and it said my motherboard's BIOS was outdated. The mobo is a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 and I am running Windows 8. I downloaded the new BIOS off the gigabyte website, and using the software on my pc that came with the mobo (I think it was called @BIOS) I saved a backup version of the old BIOS to an old flash drive, downloaded and installed the new BIOS, and immediately had problems. My comp would not start correctly, so I had to try and fix it using the "Refresh your PC" option in advanced troubleshooting area, as I have a lot of important files on my PC that I can't afford to lose. I did that, my Windows 8.1 was reverted back to Windows 8, and I lost all the programs I had installed including Nvidia GeForce Experience (which I could then not successfully reinstall) and I was having a lot of internet problems on the PC (although everything was and is fine on my tablet). I also could not connect to Windows update, so I decided to reinstall the old BIOS that I had backed up on my flash drive, and I guess I reset the PC or hit enter or something while it was saying "verifying DMI Pool Data...... Success" and so now whenever.I start my comp it just says "verifying DMI pool data" and freezes. Is there any hope that I can salvage my PC, or at least my hard drive? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1) Did you have a copy of your PC backup? if you didn't back up your PC before, sorry these programs and files are gone forever, for the programs, need to reinstall them. For the files, may try to use the recovery software to recovery them.
2) For the pc freezes, make sure the HDD is connect into the 1st SATA port, because after you update the BIOS, or reflash the BIOS again, the BIOS setting will be go to reset to default, if the boot device is not connect to the 1st sata port, you may get problem.

Feb 6, 2019

Thank you very much for replying. Yes, I found all my files in a folder that I think was called Windows.old. The programs would normally be no big deal, but I could not reinstall some of them such as nvidia GeForce Experience which refused to reinstall.
Thank you for the help about the hdd /data issue, can you please tell me how to access my USB flash drive and access the old BIOS image off of there without being able to go into windows and just getting the screen that I get before the 'verifying dim pool data's freeze? Is there any possible way at all that I can do it in that blue, red and yellow CMOS/BIOS screen?

Feb 6, 2019
Hey, I'm back. None of those options helped - mainly because my problem right now is not Windows, the problem is the motherboard and the fact that I restarted the PC too soon before the BIOS could be fully updated. I need advice on how to successfully reinstall the BIOS firmware on the motherboard from a USB flash drive that I have, and until I am able to do that I am afraid my PC will be unable to start no matter what state Windows is in. Can you please give me some advice on how to reinstall a BIOS firmware on a gigabyte motherboard that the firmware failed to properly install in?

Feb 6, 2019
Hi, I'm back after a bit of taking my comp apart and looking around. I haven't tried the solution in your post yet, but I just wanted to thank you for your help. I am about to try the solution you posted right now.

Feb 6, 2019
You know what, I think I am just going to buy another motherboard to replace it. Do you know if a GA-78LMT-S2P or GA-78LMT-S2 R2 mobo can be installed in my PC without having to wipe my hard drive (or for that matter, if another GA-78LMT-S2 could be installed without the drive wipe)? I have some very important and irreplaceable stuff on my hard drive, and while the motherboard is replaceable the data isn't. So I am thinking of just getting another identical mobo (or the S2P/S2 R2) and installing and using that. Would I actually be able to do that and have the hard drive work (even just long enough to move the data to another hard drive)?

TRENDING THREADS