Discussion I sued AMD for my RX 560 with 14 CU

Mar 10, 2019
Hey there folks!

around april or march of this year I made a post in this forum (I have no idea how to find it, it's not even in my profile) asking whether i should sue for my RX 560 with 14 CU.

The gounds for the lawsuit were that there is absolutely no indication on the box nor on the seller's site that the GPU has a lower amount of CU, that would constitute "false advertising by omition", but i was still kinda on top of the fence about the suit because AMD has a (very small) indication on the site that the RX 560 can come in 16 or 14 CU (which i didn't know at the time of purchasing), so i came to this forum for advice.

I was told to let it be, there was no grounds since the product is, indeed, cheaper than the others 560's, and that AMD has an indication on the site.

However, knowing that consumer laws in my country are extremely protective (Brazil) i decided to give it a go.

The suit lasted for a while, but it was very fast by brazillian standards (4 months or so), i didn't got a definitive sentence, but the retailer offered to change my 14CU Rx560 for a RX 570 in exchange to give up on the suit, I accepted since i was still doubting my grounds, and i'm not really a risk-taker.

So, in the end, i got a free upgrade :D, and also the Rx560 was already malfunctioning a little bit (it was still warranted, but getting a trade is better since it saves the hassle, AND, i got the warrandy period rennewed :D)

Just letting you guys know, maybe not doing anything is the bad path, fight for your rights.