[SOLVED] I think a Windows 10 update broke my system.....

Dec 15, 2020
Okay, 2 months ago my PC died after a windows update the night before I went to sleep. I let the PC automatically shutdown when finished downloading the new update for October 2020, but the day afterwards it decided not to turn on. What's worse, fans do not spin and everything seems unresponsive except for the motherboard LED lights. Not to confuse them with the troubleshoot lights - which do not turn on as well.

I got a new motherboard and yet, the same issue lies. Only this time, the RAM RGB LEDs seem to have successfully turn on.

What do I do next? Buy a new CPU?

This is currently my system (previously had the ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F motherboard)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V4tYmk

Solution
windows updates can't kill PC's. they can break windows but it shouldn't break the hardware

Before wasting any more money I would get PC looked at by a repair store as they should be able to tell you what problem is.

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows updates can't kill PC's. they can break windows but it shouldn't break the hardware

Before wasting any more money I would get PC looked at by a repair store as they should be able to tell you what problem is.

Reactions: XΛVIUS
Solution