Question i think i have a dead cpu

Nov 29, 2020
hi everybody. bought a used i5 520m for my lenovo g570 laptop (corrently have a b940 cpu) i have tried everything i can to make it work and at this point i believe its quite dead. i get a black screen, sometimes a white screen right on startup. no post. no hdd drive light but fan spinning for a seconed or more. no beeps. i tried with 1 ram stick in all positions but no luck. upgraded the bios to the latest. dissembled the computer whole to clear cmos just to find the battery is welded to the board. no graphic card, ( i use the intel graphics gpu). did the bios reset with no battery and holding the power button for 30 sec. the cpu have no physical evidence of damage but i really have no idea what to try more now. yes it is compatable to my hm65 chipset. and yes everything works fine with the normal cpu. will be glad for any help! also if there a chance its dead is there anyway to revive it.

Nov 29, 2020
MY MISTAKE. turned out i was really dumb to not put attention to the diffrence between i5 520m to i5 2520m. i was trying to put a first generation cpu on a mobo that supports seconed generation. pretty dumb i feel. but at least i know the solution. thanks again.