I think i have some problems with ram.

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Hello guys !

Recently i upgraded my PC with this specs :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 1500x
MB : MSI A320M Bazooka
RAM : ADATA Premier 1x16GB RAM ( AD4U2400316G17-S )
The case and the PSU i don't think it's matter.

Old HDD and GPU ( GTX 960 )

Okay i have set it good, installed Windows 10 from December 2017, not sure exactly what version.
Not sure what is the problem but i suspect the RAM.

Here's the story, installed Windows, drivers, new BIOS version, everything it's good, PC runs smooth in searching folders, browsing etc. The problem is when i run a game like ARMA 3. I run it for 15-20 maybe more or less then a BSOD came with : kernel_security etc.. not sure. PC restarts smoothly with no more error or freezing. I expect RAM because it's a cheap RAM, i assumed the risk when i bought it and unfortuntaly i didn't had luck..I did that memory diagnosis etc 2 times.. one time the result was good and another time hardware failure..

The RAM is set on the second slot from the CPU pointview, that's where manual said to install it. Another problem is that i suspect RAM for being faulty is that when i change the RAM slot to 3rd slot from CPU pointview, PC doesn't boot and 2 white leds, DRAM and CPU are on. Maybe it's a CPU-RAM incompatibilty...

What do you think guys ? Should i return the RAM, should i install that memtest software and see more detailed results ?

Solution

You can google this one,more threads about it,maybe one has a solution.

Us recommending a dualchannel set is not jsut about that the ram might be the culprit,but also for best performance. You said you could return the 1x16gb stick in your first post.

Running memtest is always a possibility ,so if you want to look at it that way go ahead.:)
bad ram compatbility wth ryzen isnt anything new, check your motherboard qvl for supported ram modules.
as for 3rd slot not working with single ram stick? well thats normal
a1 or a2 for single channel (a2 is prefered)
b1/b2 solo wont do, those are for dual channel (a2+b2/a1+b1)

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Guys tomorrow i will replace my 16GB RAM with a "Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DIMM, DDR4, 2400 MHz, CL 16" because this is will be more expensive and i don't have the money right now. So tomororw i'm getting only 1 RAM of this and imediately after the New Year i will buy the second memory exact like this.

My questions :

1. my PC will run fine these 2-5 days till i get the second 8 GB RAM.
2. my PC will run smooth based on the specs with that 2 rams ?

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015

Where i check if my specified RAM work in pair ?

EDIT : I had look over and i saw this RAMS sell in pair too, not only single, so i assume it will work ? Am i right?

Sabin Grigore

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Well guys are you sure this is the problem ? because i need to spend 70USD more for that DualKit and if i upgrade and it does the same, i think i will shot myself.

how about running a Memtest ? This soft will tell me for sure that the Single channel ram is not compatible with system ?

This is dumb file read with a software :

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123017-25500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nt_wrong_symbols.sys (nt_wrong_symbols)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF802917951B0, 0xA, 0x8, 0xFFFFF802917951B0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nt_wrong_symbols.sys .
Google query: nt_wrong_symbols.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

You can google this one,more threads about it,maybe one has a solution.

Us recommending a dualchannel set is not jsut about that the ram might be the culprit,but also for best performance. You said you could return the 1x16gb stick in your first post.

Running memtest is always a possibility ,so if you want to look at it that way go ahead.:)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS