Question I think i killed my PC on the first day of using it !

Oct 20, 2021
after finally getting all the parts together i booted her up and downloaded windows 10, the first thing i did was try to update the graphics drivers but after multiple tries of different drivers i realized something was wrong. my screen kept tearing so i went to the handy dandy manual and found a link to the specific drivers needed/supported but when i tried to get those drivers the download wizard would say "could not find compatible parts" "drivers do not support this version of windows" (fully up to date 21h1 windows 10).

I thought that was kind of goofy so i started looking around and it turns out my gpu was not being detected by windows at all, it would not show up in device manager or anything else. so i started doing research and found a couple of possible fixes (updating bios, switching pcie express to gen3 and some others) none of these worked but i was determined to figure it out so i kept digging.

Someone else had a similar problem with the same gpu and one of the suggestions was to switch the pcie slot it was in, so i powered down the pc, turned the psu switch off and moved the gpu to a new slot and thats when the real problem started. when trying to turn the pc back on the leds and the fans would turn on for like .5 seconds and then the pc just shuts off, the only noise made is from the half of second of fan turning. So I'm thinking i fried my mobo when i switched pcie slots because i didnt wait long enough for the power to drain out? (idk the science behind that but sounds plausible).

pls help me im dumb.

pc specs
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
gpu: GeForce RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER
mobo: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4
ram: Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB
psu: Corsair RM Series, RM750, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified

when trying to turn the pc back on the leds and the fans would turn on for like .5 seconds and then the pc just shuts off
So I'm thinking i fried my mobo when i switched pcie slots because i didnt wait long enough for the power to drain out? (idk the science behind that but sounds plausible).
Probably graphics card was not properly inserted into PCIE slot. Something shorted out.

Oct 20, 2021
Put gpu back in first pcie sot.

Are you sure you created latest Win10 installer with media creation tool?

Do the above to restart process.

After that use google machine and search amd b550 driver. Install latest amd chipset driver.

Afterwards head to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/ and do manual search.

Install latest driver. Nvidia control panel you get from MS store
as i said, the pc just shuts off immediately after led lights flash once and fans spin for like .5 seconds... so cant really do that but thanks for the response