[SOLVED] I think I might have a situation, can't connect to net, everything logged out

Aug 14, 2020
It all started super innocently. I was playing Skyrim and I crashed. I've been trying to figure out why this is happening so I went into the event viewer to see if there were any clues there and there were not, but I noticed some weird errors around the time I crashed and when I googled them they looked like they might be in some cases linked to malware or rootkits.

I also found a bunch of errors saying my Windows Defender was unable to finish scans and they were cancelled before finishing. I ran one and it cancelled around 75% right in front of me saying it was finished like there were no issues. It started going so slowly it was painful then it just said finished. I've never seen that before but if I weren't watching I wouldn't have known.

I disabled my internet and then I booted into safe mode and used DDU to reinstall my graphics drivers because I thought perhaps windows had installed a driver between restarting and installing manually and that's why I crashed.

When I came out of safe mode everything was logged out which hasn't happened before. It's asking me for my password everywhere. I also can't reenable my ethernet (every time I do I freeze completely), I can only use my Wifi (which is unstable). I'm really scared to enter any passwords in here so I'd appreciate some help or if this isn't the place a link to where I can go to get help would be great.

The errors from the log were:
1. The Audiosrv service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error:
The request is not supported.
To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

2. The Audiosrv service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

3. The network adapter with hardware address F8-E9-03-AE-0F-A6 has indicated packet coalescing capability without indicating support for one or more prerequisite receive filter capabilities (IPv6 0x00000000). (there's one for IPv4 too)

4. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
(there's like 5 of these)

5. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Can someone please help me figure out if I have a problem and how to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 Pro (version 2004 build 19041.450), it was reformatted roughly 10 days ago if I remember correctly.

PC Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mFXBXv

Last edited:
Solution
First part - yes you did via the "part-picker" list. My oversight - apologies.

As for manually installing drivers:

Use Device Manager to determine what drivers are installed.

The go to the applicable manufacturer's website to look for new drivers. Also look for any installation instructions.

What can make the process confusing and messy is the trend towards adding or including utility software related to the device. I.e., some sort of control panels or other software to "help" you with configuring the drivers or otherwise managing the device.

And many non-manufacturer sites also offer the device drivers. However, very likely that those drivers may not be fully compatible, out-of-date, and include other software you do not...
Aug 14, 2020
First update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS details.

Second, manually download (via the manufacturer's websites), reinstall, and reconfigure device drives.

No automated installers.

I think I did the first part :).

I'm not sure what to do with that entire second part I'm going to need a lot more guidance please. I don't know what drivers are installed or what needs a driver or how to configure them. The only one I know of for sure is my graphics card which I just fixed.

Ralston18

Titan
First part - yes you did via the "part-picker" list. My oversight - apologies.

As for manually installing drivers:

Use Device Manager to determine what drivers are installed.

The go to the applicable manufacturer's website to look for new drivers. Also look for any installation instructions.

What can make the process confusing and messy is the trend towards adding or including utility software related to the device. I.e., some sort of control panels or other software to "help" you with configuring the drivers or otherwise managing the device.

And many non-manufacturer sites also offer the device drivers. However, very likely that those drivers may not be fully compatible, out-of-date, and include other software you do not want. You may or may not need to check or uncheck a box to avoid the extra software. Often those options are not hidden per se but certainly not clearly and readily apparent.

Start by reinstalling the network adapter(s) driver.

You can use either Device Manager or "ipconfig /all" via the Command Prompt to identify the network adapters that are installed. One wired and perhaps one wireless. [Note only one adapter should be enabled.]

(You can post the results of "ipconfig /all" if you need help with identifying the network adapter(s).)

Then go to the network adapter's manufacturer's website and search for the driver. Read carefully to ensure that you select the correct driver for your build. Again look for any installation instructions.

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure for your network.

Solution