[SOLVED] I think my pc is underperforming. (ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3060)

Apr 18, 2022
I have an acer nitro 5 with the specs above.
I get 50-70 FPS in minecraft default settings.
In fornite i get 150 frames in performance more.
Pls tell if this is normal or if there is a problem

Solution
can i contact acer support to fix this or if i were do lower the power of one which one would it be ???
This is a deliberate design choice by Acer, there is no fix.

As for adjusting the power balance, honestly I don't think it's worth it since the easiest thing you can do if you want more performance is lower the graphics settings. Any suggestion I would've come up with would end up including "lower the graphics settings"
Apr 15, 2022
that is way lower than you should get. I have a serious bottleneck on fortnite, using only 30% of my 1650 and I get 200 fps on competitive settings performance mode.

When you play Minecraft or Fortnite, open up Task Manager, go to the Performance tab, then select the CPU page (should be selected by default). What clock speed and utilization does it report?

If you can post a screen shot, that'd be better. You can upload it to imgur.com or imgbb.co and put the link here.

Apr 18, 2022
When you play Minecraft or Fortnite, open up Task Manager, go to the Performance tab, then select the CPU page (should be selected by default). What clock speed and utilization does it report?

If you can post a screen shot, that'd be better. You can upload it to imgur.com or imgbb.co and put the link here.
will do

Apr 18, 2022
Apr 18, 2022
So my best guess is it's power throttling, but I'd need to see more data to be sure. Fortunately HWiNFO should provide all that. Run it in Sensors only mode and post a screen cap

EDIT: The CPU may also be thermal throttling, but we'd have to see what the frequency is when the temps are that high.
do i need to do this while gaming ???

I'm putting this down as your laptop is power throttling the components.

The thing with a lot of modern gaming laptops, especially cheaper or thinner ones, is they tend to be thermally constrained either because the manufacturer cheaped out or it physically cannot support it. So they can only dissipate so much power safely. They try to market this as the GPU or CPU can use less power so the other can use more, but you're never going to get both of them running at full power at the same time. For reference, AMD markets the 5800H as having a TDP of up to 35-45W, while Acer says the GPU you have is the 90W version.

Also consider what else needs to run on the computer: the main board, the other components, and the display. That adds about another 20-30W. So we're up to about say 125W. Then you need to factor in the power required to charge the battery when it's low as this is period where the battery can accept the most current. So let's call this at 30W. Then you want to have enough overhead in the power brick so you're not going to be in a state where it's 100% for extended periods of time. So putting this altogether, 155W extended power use on a 180W power brick seems reasonable.

can i contact acer support to fix this or if i were do lower the power of one which one would it be ???
This is a deliberate design choice by Acer, there is no fix.

As for adjusting the power balance, honestly I don't think it's worth it since the easiest thing you can do if you want more performance is lower the graphics settings. Any suggestion I would've come up with would end up including "lower the graphics settings"

Solution