Question I touched my GPU with metal tape measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2023
I accidentally touched metal to the GPU and it was little "power hit", and it restarted, fan isn't working and gpu doesn't start. it showing me "no video input". How can i fix it if there is a way? I tried removing and replacing a card, clearing CMOS but without result.

GPU: RX 570 Sapphire ITX 4GB

Jun 16, 2023
Bigger question is why are you using conductive tools around live equipment?

But, as the others have already said, you've killed it.
I think the OP has likely learnt his lesson. Which is why I avoided rubbing salt in his wound during my reply. ;)

Jul 3, 2023
I wanted to measure gpu height but forgot that measure tape have metal top. My bad i learnt my lesson. Thanks for replyes

Jun 16, 2023
I wanted to measure gpu height but forgot that measure tape have metal top. My bad i learnt my lesson. Thanks for replyes
Ok I'm just going to chime in here on your reply. In the future it is best to NEVER place any objects, metal or otherwise in a PC whilst the unit is on or plugged in. For future reference please turn off and disconnect the power cable from your PC before opening the case.

Jul 3, 2023
Do you have a thermal camera? If now, I'd suggest borrowing one (can be a CAT smartphone as well) and having a look on the components. Maybe you just shorted a component and it's shorted now OR a fuse is burned.
If you have a multimeter, you mave have a look if you find a SMD fuse that doesn't conduct anymore.

Jun 16, 2023
Do you have a thermal camera? If now, I'd suggest borrowing one (can be a CAT smartphone as well) and having a look on the components. Maybe you just shorted a component and it's shorted now OR a fuse is burned.
If you have a multimeter, you mave have a look if you find a SMD fuse that doesn't conduct anymore.
Given the situation, it is highly unlikely the OP is capable of performing any of the suggested tasks. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.