I tried overclocking my monitor, now the screen says 'Not Optimum Mode. Recommended Mode. 1920x1080'

Rik_2_

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Hello, I think something went wrong while overclocking my monitor. It now says (see title). I cant acces my computer because of this. The model is a Samsung C24F390FH. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Boot to safe mode and see if you can get control, to set the monitor resolution back to the native resolution.

Can you describe what you mean by "overclocking your monitor?" The phrase comes up now and then, but a monitor can't be overclocked. Usually the poster means that the graphics card was set to a higher frame rate than the monitor can actually display.
Boot to safe mode and see if you can get control, to set the monitor resolution back to the native resolution.

Can you describe what you mean by "overclocking your monitor?" The phrase comes up now and then, but a monitor can't be overclocked. Usually the poster means that the graphics card was set to a higher frame rate than the monitor can actually display.

Solution

Chayan4400

Honorable
Did you use a frame-rate increasing software, or did you manually add the new resolution and frame-rate? You've almost certainly gone beyond the capabilities of the monitor. Do as is suggested above, and try again. If you're overclocking your monitor, use EVGA's tool; it resets the frame-rate back to the original after 20 seconds if you don't click accept. Increase by 1 Hertz till the monitor blacks out, then lower it by one to find your maximum refresh rate. Mine is at 77Hz, but it occasionally doesn't recognize the monitor and needs to be restarted occasionally.