Question I tried performing a BIOS update. I messed up horribly? Can I fix my motherboard

Dec 27, 2019
So I was confused as to why my new ITX build wasn't performing like my old one did. All I did was switch from a B450M Aorus to a B450I Gaming Plus AC. Here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450I gaming plus AC
Gigabyte RTx 2060
Evga 550gm sfx psu
16 gb gskill trident z neo 3600mhz ram @3300mhz
I did userbenchmark tests and my pc was performing below expectations, which weirded me out considering none of these parts were more than 6 months old. As such, I downloaded all the latest drivers and tried to download the latest BIOS. Little did i know that it was for ryzen 3000 and above only. I flashed the bios and got nothing. I also turned the PC off, which probably was not a good idea. At this point I realized that I needed an older bios, one which was compatible with zen+ with so i tried to flash it but no luck: my motherboard couldn't even get into bios. My components turn on and I can see the rgb ram, but my monitor shows no signal. Help! If worst comes to worst I can just sell the mobo and cpu and buy new ones, but I'd rather fix my current issue.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019
450 BIOS added support for 3000 series processors, not limit support to it.
I think its because i turned the pc off. It didn't enter boot loop or give me a sign that the bios was dooing anything. my motherboard entered flash mode and i think i need to leave it. do you know how?

apollothesun

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018
..when flashing bios, always follow method to the T. Follow directions from manufacture. In your case, you probably flashed wrong bios and your CPU is not being recognized. I would try another CPU that is likely compatible. If it works, then flash the correct bios.

Dec 27, 2019
So I was confused as to why my new ITX build wasn't performing like my old one did. All I did was switch from a B450M Aorus to a B450I Gaming Plus AC. Here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450I gaming plus AC
Gigabyte RTx 2060
Evga 550gm sfx psu
16 gb gskill trident z neo 3600mhz ram @3300mhz
I did userbenchmark tests and my pc was performing below expectations, which weirded me out considering none of these parts were more than 6 months old. As such, I downloaded all the latest drivers and tried to download the latest BIOS. Little did i know that it was for ryzen 3000 and above only. I flashed the bios and got nothing. I also turned the PC off, which probably was not a good idea. At this point I realized that I needed an older bios, one which was compatible with zen+ with so i tried to flash it but no luck: my motherboard couldn't even get into bios. My components turn on and I can see the rgb ram, but my monitor shows no signal. Help! If worst comes to worst I can just sell the mobo and cpu and buy new ones, but I'd rather fix my current issue.
EDIT: Turns out when the site said added support for Ryzen 3000, it removed support for ryzen 2000. Sold the motherboard to a friend with a 3600x and it worked for him. I'm just glad I didn't brick it!