[SOLVED] I upgraded my pc and now it freezes sometimes.

Jul 4, 2020
I recently upgraded my pc from a i5 7400 to a i3 9100f and randomly the pc freezes for 5-10 seconds, freezing the image and the audio that I receive from the computer. When it freezes, the sound lags for 2-3 seconds and then it shuts up to the freeze end, the image freezes instantly.
My pc Specs:
Processor: i3 9100f, im using it with the stock cooler
MB: Asrock B365 Phanthom Gaming 4
RAM: Corsair Vengange RGB 16GB 3200Mhz (8x2)
PSU: Corsair VS 650w
GPU: ROG GTX 1650S Advance
2 HDD, one with 1 TB and the other with 500GB
Windows 10 pro 1909
With the previous setup, the one with the i5 7400 never had this problem. I can`t provide the specs because I already sold it, but it was a prebuild pc with DDR3 ram modules.
Something that I have to say, is that when the pc freezes, discords also stops and when the freezes end Discord detects my TV as a new decive connected (I use a TV as a Monitor, connected via HDMI) and asks me if I want to switch it to sound output. Also, sometimes after the freezes I have to unplug and plug again my headset beacause it stops working.
I write this after running Memtest86 looking for problems with the ram, but it showed up 0 errors with the ram modules.
Please I need some advice of what could be happening to my computer, this freeze occurs not only when im gaming, but occurs when im browsing in facebook, writings some documents or receiving online clases via zoom.

Jul 4, 2020
Im guessing since you changed the whole PC you did a clear fresh install of Windows 10 right?

Or did you just took the HDD from your old PC and plug it into the new one and hoped to work without issues?

I simply put the disk in the new pc, it is the first time that I do an upgrade.
I don't know if something needs to be done for everything to work properly.

Reactions: RodroX
If the above recommendation of trying to fix the drivers does not work, and as long as you can make a backup of your personal files, documents, music, video, etc., then you could try to make a new clean installation of Windows

If you are going this path you can download Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which you can donwload from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (You will need at least a 8GB pendrive.)

Also download all the newest driver you will need after installing Windows: Chipset, GPU, Soundcard, Lan, etc (mst likely you will really need the GPU driver only, but just in case donwload the others from the oficial Motherboard webpage). Make sure all the drivers are for Windows 10 64 bits and the language you are going to use.

If you are not sure how to do this, look at some of the many tutorials available on internet. If you still don't feel good about your skill, look for someone that can help you out. We wont be there to help you so be sure to feel comfortable enough to proceed.

Reactions: SoloGabo
Jul 4, 2020
Thak you all, looks like the real problem were the graphic drivers. I updated them yesterday and since that i havent experienced the same freeze. I think the issue is solved.

TRENDING THREADS