[SOLVED] I upgraded my pc but no display

Oct 14, 2019
So, whats happening is that i had a alienware aurora r3, it had a i7 2600, 8 gigs of ram and a gt740. I upgraded the ram and gou and then it was time for the cpu, i bought a motherboard, new ram, and finally the ryzen 5 2600. I was so happy untik i was done with the build, everything was ready and i turned the pc on, i waited like 30sec and nothing, just a black screen, the pc boots up fine as it did with the last motherboard but theres no display, whats wrong?

I have tried switching ram sticks and experimenting with it

I have tried putting in a athlon 200ge to check if its the bios but it just started turning on and off

I have tried to take out the battery

I have tried swithing the gpu

NOTHING WORKED, HELP ME I NEED TO HAVE THE PC GOING😅

Solution
[QUOTE="DeDezx, post: 21353357,
The built in psu from the alienware aurora r3, i really cant fint out hiw many W its running on
[/QUOTE]

This is quite a scary answer. You should never use an OEM power supply on more powerful parts than a prebuilt came without knowing the specs of the power supply for a fact. OEM power supplies are generally on the low-end and with wattage intended for the parts it came with. This PC should not have even been turned on without either verifying the specs and the connectors or purchasing a new, proper power supply.

Before any further troubleshooting, you need to resolve your power situation.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Let's start with all the specs. You've told us more about the parts you used to have than you have about the new parts that are causing issues!

In addition to asking if you can get into the BIOS, how are you attempting to do the fresh install of Windows you need for an upgrade such as this?

And just to eliminate easy things are you sure you're not connecting the monitor to the motherboard? And are you connecting with any kind of adapters?

Oct 14, 2019
So first things first, my new build is:
Ryzen 5 2600
Msi Gtx 1060 mini 6gb
16gb corsair vegeance 3000mhz (2x8)
Asrock ab350m
The built in psu from the alienware aurora r3, i really cant fint out hiw many W its running on
Alienware aurora r3 case
Samsung 240gb ssd (its a 850 evo or amth similar)
4 random hdd's that just were lying around wich worked before the upgrade

Second: i never connect my dp/hdmi to the motherboard and this motherboard doesnt even have those :)

Third: i cant get into the bios, the screen is pitch black

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
[/QUOTE]

This is quite a scary answer. You should never use an OEM power supply on more powerful parts than a prebuilt came without knowing the specs of the power supply for a fact. OEM power supplies are generally on the low-end and with wattage intended for the parts it came with. This PC should not have even been turned on without either verifying the specs and the connectors or purchasing a new, proper power supply.

Solution
Oct 14, 2019

[/QUOTE]
Fron what i read i saw its either a 500w or 800w

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Fron what i read i saw its either a 500w or 800w
[/QUOTE]

You're going to have to actually look at the part.