[SOLVED] I upgrading graphics card but i am now getting worse FPS in games

jackh2001

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
I upgraded from a GTX 1060 3GB to a RTX 2060 6GB and I am getting worse FPS with the new card. I have done a clean install of NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers but that didn't seem to help. The rest of my build is:
  • Intel i5-9600KF 3.7GHz
  • 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
  • ASRock b365 Pro4 Motherboard
  • MasterLiquid Lite 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • 500W EVGA Power Supply

I don't know if this is related but when in game task manager shows that the games use a lot of my CPU power, more than my GPU. For example Fortnite uses around 80% CPU and 45% GPU.

If anyone can help me sort this out I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Solution
Sounds like the drivers that you think are correct are unable to access the gpu hence unaccelerated graphics. You noted chips. Graphics chips go into graphics cards, which have different circuits. A driver is programmed for a specific circuit on a specific graphics card. I had an issue with Asrock video card compatibility in the past, might check their site for compatibility issues with your UNKNOWN new graphics card.
Aug 10, 2020
Sounds like the drivers that you think are correct are unable to access the gpu hence unaccelerated graphics. You noted chips. Graphics chips go into graphics cards, which have different circuits. A driver is programmed for a specific circuit on a specific graphics card. I had an issue with Asrock video card compatibility in the past, might check their site for compatibility issues with your UNKNOWN new graphics card.

Solution