I use like 35% vram usage while gaming is it good or bad?

Aug 1, 2018
Specs:
GTX 1080 ROG STRIX AURA ADVANCED 8GB
Intel Core i7-8700k
32 gb DDR4 ram
2 tb hdd
512 ssd
Every single time im playing, i don't get even 50% of vram usage and i don't know if its good or bad.

Solution
Neither. Vram usage is determined mainly by resolution used, then by graphical settings in game. Given game needs (and uses) only certain amount of vram at given resolution/settings. If that amount is less then GPU's vram that's ok. If that amount is higher then GPU'd vram then you run into trouble - namely lots of stuttering. Simply put, as long as it is below 100% there is nothing to worry.
Neither. Vram usage is determined mainly by resolution used, then by graphical settings in game. Given game needs (and uses) only certain amount of vram at given resolution/settings. If that amount is less then GPU's vram that's ok. If that amount is higher then GPU'd vram then you run into trouble - namely lots of stuttering. Simply put, as long as it is below 100% there is nothing to worry.

Solution

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
You playing at 1080p? Higher resolution tends to increase the amount used, as does Anti Aliasing and higher quality textures.

Its not really a problem. Vram is one of them things that you just dont want it to be full up. If you run out of vram then you get a big performance drop.

TRENDING THREADS