[SOLVED] I USED DRIVER BOOSTER NOW MY SOUND IS REALLY DISTORTED / BAD PLEASE HELP

zaptized24

Commendable
Sep 27, 2018
I used driver booster and i dont know what it did but when it was done my sound is really distorted and just bad all around i tryed to rollback my realtek sound driver and that didnt work i dont know what it changed

Solution
I used driver booster

And THAT, is your problem. Don't ever use ANY of the "driver" crapware out there. There is absolutely ZERO need for doing that and it almost always creates problems where there was none before. ALWAYS, ONLY, update drivers based on what is available from either the manufacturer of the hardware or the chipset manufacturer.

Is this a laptop or a desktop, and if it's a desktop, what is the motherboard model number OR the model number of your PCI soundcard if you have one?
I used driver booster

And THAT, is your problem. Don't ever use ANY of the "driver" crapware out there. There is absolutely ZERO need for doing that and it almost always creates problems where there was none before. ALWAYS, ONLY, update drivers based on what is available from either the manufacturer of the hardware or the chipset manufacturer.

Is this a laptop or a desktop, and if it's a desktop, what is the motherboard model number OR the model number of your PCI soundcard if you have one?

Solution
I used driver booster and i dont know what it did but when it was done my sound is really distorted and just bad all around i tryed to rollback my realtek sound driver and that didnt work i dont know what it changed
Try removing the driver booster as well as all your audio devices from the device manager and the realtek sofware, then reboot and reinstall the audio software from the motherboard site.

zaptized24

Commendable
Sep 27, 2018

i rolled back my pc and its fine now