I wanna know if I can Upgrade my Processor

Mar 20, 2018
i have a lga 775 motherboard and currently an intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93ghz is installed with 3m cache,i want to know if i can install a core 2 quad q6600 2.4ghz (lga 775) on the same motherboard

Solution
look I can only confirm what the manufacturer designed it to be use by what hardware, we all know 775 is flexible up to the point of the TDP of the motherboard

* puts detective hat on and explains himself while smoking a pipe.*

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott as per wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Pentium_4_microprocessors
a series of processors that are between 84-89W, therefore I will assume the motherboard was assume to handle 95w.

The q6600 has a TDP of 105w and I would not recommend it for this board.
the Q9650 and Q9400 has a TDP of 95W and could be used.
the Q8400 have a TDP 65W and safest choice.
on ebay all of these are anywhere between 20-75$ on average

Performance wise:
KhfhToX.png

I...

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Is this a prebuilt PC or a PC you built yourself? If it's a prebuilt, you just need to tell us the brand name & model # (i.e. "Dell Optiplex xxxx").

If it's one that you built yourself, look at the motherboard inside the case. You should see the manufacturer's name (MSI, Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, etc.), & usually a serial number and/or model number on it.

Mar 20, 2018
im using core 2 duo which is not mentioned there
the information provided at zebronic's website is all messed up,it even says i can use upto 4gb of ram and right now i'm using 6gb of ram out of which 5.87gb is usable

look I can only confirm what the manufacturer designed it to be use by what hardware, we all know 775 is flexible up to the point of the TDP of the motherboard

* puts detective hat on and explains himself while smoking a pipe.*

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott as per wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Pentium_4_microprocessors
a series of processors that are between 84-89W, therefore I will assume the motherboard was assume to handle 95w.

The q6600 has a TDP of 105w and I would not recommend it for this board.
the Q9650 and Q9400 has a TDP of 95W and could be used.
the Q8400 have a TDP 65W and safest choice.
on ebay all of these are anywhere between 20-75$ on average

Performance wise:
KhfhToX.png

I put the Q8400 compare in a second list (PassMark limits to 3 cpus comparison)
b2waevm.png

hope I covered all the possible questions.

Solution