Question I want a Gaming as well as trading System both at same time

YarimBro

Prominent
Jan 21, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to build a new PC that can handle both gaming and trading simultaneously. I need some advice on the best components to choose for this dual-purpose system. Here are my requirements:

Gaming:​

• High Performance: I play a lot of AAA games and need a system that can run them smoothly at high settings.
  • Graphics Card: I’m considering the latest NVIDIA RTX or AMD Radeon series. Which one would you recommend for optimal performance?
  • Processor: Should I go for an Intel i9 or AMD Ryzen 9 for the best gaming experience?

Trading:​

• Multiple Monitors: I need to connect at least three monitors for my trading setup for Fintechzoom Pro. What’s the best graphics card that supports this?
  • Fast Processing: Trading software can be demanding, so I need a CPU that can handle real-time data processing and multiple applications running concurrently.
  • Storage: SSD is a must for fast boot times and quick data access. How much storage would be optimal for a trading and gaming system?

Additional Considerations:​

• RAM: How much RAM would you recommend to ensure smooth performance for both gaming and trading tasks?
  • Cooling: What’s the best cooling solution to keep my system running efficiently, especially during intense gaming sessions?
  • Budget: I’m aiming to spend around $2000-$2500. Is this realistic for a high-performance gaming and trading rig?
I’d appreciate any specific component recommendations or build suggestions that can meet my needs. Also, if there are any potential compatibility issues I should be aware of, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards, Yarim

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor ($329.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: *ID-COOLING FROZN A720 BLACK 98.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($219.99 @ B&H)
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($197.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($73.48 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Samsung 990 Pro 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: *Zotac GAMING Trinity GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card ($789.99 @ Newegg)
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.90 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: *be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.90 @ Amazon)
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: *Dell G2724D 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor ($179.99 @ Dell Technologies)
Total: $2481.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-30 06:33 EDT-0400

Ralston18

Titan
@YarimBro

I understand wanting a dual purpose system - however there are risks and trade-offs involved.

I suggest that you reconsider the requirements.

More specifically have two systems and perhaps share keyboard, mouse, monitor(s), etc. via a KVM.

Why?

Games are notorious for causing system problems. Depending on the games being played and the sources you may suffer constant crashes.

If you want to day trade then down time is the last thing you want to have happening. Trading software can be finicky as well.

Not to mention the all too often problems that occur simply due to OS and software updates. Even backups can go astray and cause problems. Plus trying to recover the system (if and when necessary) will be more difficult and time consuming.

A dual purpose system is likely to set up some hardware/configuration conflicts between gaming and trading requirements. Maybe not much per se but enought to slow or interfere one or the other.

Also give some thought on internet and network availability: Is bandwidth sufficient to game and trade at the same time (independent of a single dual purpose system or two different dedicated systems)?

Overall, it would not be too difficult to set up a dedicated trading workstation and also configure a dedicated gaming system to serve as a trading system backup (but not gaming when/while trading). Premise being that the trading, not the gaming, is the priority.

One dual purpose system is putting all the proverbial "eggs in one basket".

Two systems may be less costly (especially if external peripherals are shared in some manner via a KVM).

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: stonecarver

logainofhades

Titan
You might want to wait and see how Ryzen 9000 plays out, if you do not need a system right now.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700K 3.4 GHz 20-Core Processor ($389.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($112.31 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($197.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($294.54 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card ($899.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $2384.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-30 08:13 EDT-0400

YarimBro

Prominent
Jan 21, 2023
What resolution and frame rate? That determines your graphics card and well, almost everything.
I'm not that much a geek (just kidding) but I want a system that can support warzone cod and at least 3 years of new years to come.