Question I want my old XP!!!!!!

Mar 6, 2019
I have many racing sims that no longer work, they were all XP. Unfortunately, I upgraded my PC to Windows 7, then Windows 10. I purchased a new PC @a year ago, and would like to recycle my older PC (HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210Y) Back to XP. I also have a racing wheel which is Force Feedback, and there is no updated driver for this device. I do not intend to ever go on-line with this PC, so security should not be a problem. What pitfalls should I incur if I do this? I assume that drivers may be a problem with this PC! If I can just get the Display & Sound to work I would be happy! I know that I would need to change BIOS to IDE, anything else that I need to know would be greatly appreciated! Or a solution for my FF driving wheel. I want this PC to be for strictly gaming for all my good old XP games. Thanks!

Mar 6, 2019
Have you tried running the games in compatibility mode?
It's not so much the games, I'm sure that I could get them to work. It's the wheel. There are no updated drivers for my wheel, and Logitech gives some bs answer as to why they will not update the driver. They want to sell new wheels, but unfortunately, I rebuilt mine with brass bearings and it should last forever. I thought that it would be nice just to have a dedicated gamer PC for all my good old XP games.

I haven't tried it. But I now have the luxury of trying it on a PC that I no longer use.

Mar 6, 2019
When I upgraded to Win 7, the FF quit working. I went through the racing forums etc., and discovered that Wingman basically will not support or update the driver for the wheel. It is a Wingman Formula Force, and I really like the Force Feedback!

Thanks for your help kieth!