[SOLVED] I want to find out the failure of my computer before the warranty expires

PhantomSoulless

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
For a long time, I have had problems with my computer that neither the technician who built it nor someone else who brought the computer, knew how to find out ...

I put this question in the graphics card section because I think it is the cause, although I am not totally sure. I explain:

For a long time, with my graphics, my computer screen began to turn colors after certain programs such as MSI afterburner or streamlabs ... Problems that I thought were from the monitor, but I bought another one and my problem is that the screen many times, it stays as off and I have to activate and deactivate some option of AMD radeon so that the screen flickers and is solved.

My problem is that, on my motherboard, the red light appears on VGA and an underscore on the screen, after 2 -3 minutes of waiting, it disappears and starts the motherboard and Windows 10 normally. The strange thing is that if I have had the computer on for a long time, and I restart for example, this red light lasts less time and starts the pc almost quickly.

Why do I think it is my graph? Because I have changed the CPU, the motherboard, the RAM memories, I have tried another SSD just in case it was the hard disk, and the errors did not disappear.

I have:
Ryzen 5 2600x
B450M MORTAR MAX
2X8 GB 3200MHz HyperX Fury
SSD Samsung EVO 850 and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
Seasonic Focus Gold 550w +85

I do not have another graphics card to verify if it is the GPU or another PSU ... I will try to get it, but the RX 580 warranty ends in 2 months ... And now there are no graphics to buy, because I could not buy another because I had financial problems. Now I'm better, but I don't want to pay triple to buy another graphics card either.

Thanks.

Solution
Check the motherboard manual for information about the diagnostic lights, if you havent already. There may be different types of light, usually blink patterns, to indicate different issues. Depends on the motherboard, and I dont know for yours specifically. If there is a way to get more specific info, that could help. But, by the sounds of it, your GPU would be at fault. I cannot say for sure, but it seems like the evidence all points to that. VGA Motherboard light, plus the CPU, Mobo, RAM, and SSD all having been swapped before. It is possible to be the PSU, but you have a good quality PSU, which makes that less likely.

Ralston18

Titan
Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings.

Especially entries that relate to displays/graphics.

But look at all the errors - there may be some cause and effect sequence....

Right clicking any given error will provide more detailed information. The details may or may not be helpful.

Ralston18

Titan
Solution

PhantomSoulless

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
@Ralston18 I have used the command sfc / scannow and DISM so many times that I know them by heart, what I am going to try is the DISM command with the Windows 10 ISO.

Although I think I remember, that I formatted Windows not long ago, and on another SSD I tried Windows 10 and had the same red light error on VGA.

Edit:

I have done the scan now, at 0:10 a.m. Spain time. This has appeared to me, apparently, all normal.

Last edited: