I want to know how much can i overclock my cpu

Aug 25, 2018
I got a amd fx 8320e processor and in using coolermaster masterliquid 240 lite as a cooler my question is how much and how i can overclock my cpu without any hardware issue?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

No. You can find out what motherboard you have by looking at it, the brand and model is likely written on it somewhere. Or get CPU-Z and look at the motherboard tab.

Aug 25, 2018
Ok thank you i will do it and the wrote it to you i already overclock it to 4 GHz setting the multiplier to 20 is it safe ? I didnt experience any cooling issue btw

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well I am asking about the motherboard because many AMD AM3+ mobo's are absolutely inadequate for overclocking an 8 core FX cpu even that e model. The problem is motherboard VRM temps, which you likely don't have a temp sensor for. So I don't know if thats safe without knowing what motherboard you are using. If I had to guess 4ghz with no change to core voltage would probably okay on most AM3+ motherboards.

Aug 25, 2018
Ok thank you for the support i think to dont get trouble i will stay at this 4ghz boost wich from 3.2ghz is not that bad maybe in the future i will change the motherboard to get better overclock

Aug 25, 2018
I hope that nothing gets burned anyway i got that cm water cooler with the 2 fans on the radiator in pull mode and 3 othwr big fans on the front of the case so i think my cpu will be safe

Aug 25, 2018
I Think i found the motherboard model can it be this? Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 (rev. 1.0) AMD 760G Socket AM3+ Mini ATX - Motherboards (DDR3-SDRAM, DIMM, 1066,1333,1600 MHz, 32 GB, AMD, AMD Phenom II x3)