Question I want to know If I can use a GDDR5 graphics card on a DDR4 motherboard togheter with 16 RAM DDR4 and an i3 8th generation ...

Jun 25, 2022
Recently I just got bored of playing the same old games that my pc can run and I want to upgrade my graphics card but I have a DDR4 motherboard . i searched for DDR4 graphics cards but none of those were really my liking and i dont really want to change my motherboard cuz that would make my life a hell and my wallet hurt. so my question is if i can use a GDDR5 on a DDR4 motherboard and if these 16GB DDR4 of RAM will also work with it

GPU has norhing to do with motherboard and can work with any motherboard so just because your motherboard is ddr4 dose not mean an gddr5 gpu wont work on it because they have there own stuff in the card. But you really need to post your specs and what GPU you wanna upgrade so people can advice you more

kanewolf

Titan
Recently I just got bored of playing the same old games that my pc can run and I want to upgrade my graphics card but I have a DDR4 motherboard . i searched for DDR4 graphics cards but none of those were really my liking and i dont really want to change my motherboard cuz that would make my life a hell and my wallet hurt. so my question is if i can use a GDDR5 on a DDR4 motherboard and if these 16GB DDR4 of RAM will also work with it
RAM on the motherboard, and RAM on a graphics card are completely independent. You could have DDR2 on the motherboard and HBM on the graphics card. It could still work.

Jun 25, 2022
GPU has norhing to do with motherboard and can work with any motherboard so just because your motherboard is ddr4 dose not mean an gddr5 gpu wont work on it because they have there own stuff in the card. But you really need to post your specs and what GPU you wanna upgrade so people can advice you more
so I want to upgrade to a
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 VENTUS XS OC, 4GB GDDR5, 128-bit

Jun 25, 2022
Your case size and power supply are more crucial to a GPU upgrade than the type of RAM on your motherboard.
A typical DDR4 motherboard will support that graphics card.
List what your motherboard model, CPU, case, and power supply are for more definite help.
so I have a tower case , my cpu is Intel Core i3-9100 3.60GHz 3600MHz and my motherboard is a DDR4 gygabite with 8GB RAM installed. (im not sure if I wrote everything right because im not an expert but hope this helps) like I said i want to upgrade my RAM to 16 with 3200MHz.

TRENDING THREADS