I want to setup single signing authentication for multiple WiFi devices networks.

Feb 11, 2019
I want to setup single signing authentication for multiple WiFi devices networks.
Wi-Fi devices setup at different location like 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, 4th floor. But single same SSID and same password. Any one connect from any location then he/she will able to access others locations WiFi without change SSID or login. I will automatically change and connect to all SSID.
Any one help me how can I configure what kind of devices will be needed.

Thanks,
Qamrul

You are not going to get that unless you buy some very high end commercial equipment...and even then it can have issues.

The largest issue with most system that change floors is your ip range. If you can run everything on a single subnet on mulitple floors then it will not be a issue but most companies use different ip blocks on floors. Having the wifi change is hard enough when you must roam between different IP subnets it becomes extremely hard. Cisco has large white papers on this topic called ip mobility. In effect it is a form of vpn that hides the ip address changes.

If we ignore the ip address issue we now come to the Wifi security issue. If you have a actual central authentication server you are using enterprise security in the wifi networks. This is what most companies use and it works very well. Most large companies just use their mircrosoft domain server as the radius server. It allows you to use the same userid/password that is used to log into the domain for wifi. The user do not have to do anything special other than the very first time. To them it appears they are logging into their pc.

Using enterprise mode on wifi and roaming between wifi points is very challenging. Because of the delays talking to the radius server and because the of the way the session key negotiation is done you need a special...ie expensive...network controller so that cached key information can be moved between AP.

If you can just run as a simple network with everything on 1 ip range and use pre shared keys you might get by with a lower end system. Ubiquiti gives away there central control software with their wifi AP. It does not even compare to the large commerical systems from cisco or HP. It does work slightly better than doing nothing but you will still have major issue with it not connecting to the most optimum wifi source at times. Most times it will stay connected to a very poor source when you are sitting directly next to a strong source. Drop and restart wifi fixed that but it is the end device is too stupid to do that without you telling it.