[SOLVED] I want to upgrade my Graphics Card and I need help

lngPreacH

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
Hello guys,

So I want to upgrade my Graphics card from a GTX 760 to a GTX 980 or GTX 980 ti and I am not sure I ca do that.

# I am pretty sure I have to upgrade to a new Power Supply so this is covered.

So here are my PC specs:

Acer Predator G3-605

MOTHERBOARD
Acer- Predator G3-605

PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)

AUDIO
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek High Definition Audio

NETWORKING AND I/O

Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-V

MEMORY
32 GB

STORAGE
Generic- Multi-Card USB Device
ST2000DM001-1ER164 ATA Device
KINGSTON SV300S37A240G ATA Device

This is it guys, I really hope you can help me with this dilemma. Thank you and have a nice day!

Solution
UQcvNr8.jpg
If that's what the interior of your case looks like, then there are none that would fit in there. The smallest 980/Ti is 266mm.

And yes, it would warrant replacing the psu.
What would it cost you to upgrade to one of the two graphics cards you mention? Depending on the price of the cards you are currently looking to upgrade to, and your budget, I'm almost sure that there could be better opgrade options available with more recent GPUs

lngPreacH

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
What would it cost you to upgrade to one of the two graphics cards you mention? Depending on the price of the cards you are currently looking to upgrade to, and your budget, I'm almost sure that there could be better opgrade options available with more recent GPUs

My budget for a new Graphic card is 200 euros, it seems I have to find one that it fits my case.

lngPreacH

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
UQcvNr8.jpg
If that's what the interior of your case looks like, then there are none that would fit in there. The smallest 980/Ti is 266mm.

And yes, it would warrant replacing the psu.

I think the HDD mount can be moved or taken down, it's to large anyways. But If there are any smaller GPU's with roughly the same performances I will look for it.

My budget for a new Graphic card is 200 euros, it seems I have to find one that it fits my case.

Yes, good thing Phaaze88 spotted that detail with regards to physical size compatibility, it didn't even cross my mind.

There are some mini versions available of a selection of current GPUs, so maybe that is something to look into

I'm not completely up to date on the various options currently available, so instead of suggesting something completely wrong, I better let someone with more knowledge in the area give you some solid advice

lngPreacH

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
Yes, good thing Phaaze88 spotted that detail with regards to physical size compatibility, it didn't even cross my mind.

There are some mini versions available of a selection of current GPUs, so maybe that is something to look into

I'm not completely up to date on the various options currently available, so instead of suggesting something completely wrong, I better let someone with more knowledge in the area give you some solid advice

Thank you for your time mate and have a nice day!