Question I want to upgrade my laptop ram but I am confused as hell

Jan 14, 2023
HYjj64S.jpg

Above is information about my laptop I want to upgrade my laptop memory from 8GB to 16GB I have researched a Lil bit about which ram should I but and found out that the MHZ of both memory sticks should be the same one more thing which I found is that the max memory speed which my CPU support is 2400mhz correct me If I am wrong with this 2 facts. Now I don't have much knowledge about this thing and by seeing the number on these 2 software I am guessing that my current memory has a max speed of 1600mhz now If I want to upgrade I have to buy memory with the same speed but that won't let me enjoy the full capacity of my CPU which is 2400mhz so tell me do I have to purchase 2 sticks of 8GB ram clocked at 2400mhz or I can put a ram clocked at 2400mhz with the one I currently have In my pc

Edit: When I check with the task manager it showed speed as 2400MHz and when I used "wmic memorychip get speed" on CMD is showed speed as 3200 that's why I am so confused

Last edited:

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
HYjj64S.jpg

Above is information about my laptop I want to upgrade my laptop memory from 8GB to 16GB I have researched a Lil bit about which ram should I but and found out that the MHZ of both memory sticks should be the same one more thing which I found is that the max memory speed which my CPU support is 2400mhz correct me If I am wrong with this 2 facts. Now I don't have much knowledge about this thing and by seeing the number on these 2 software I am guessing that my current memory has a max speed of 1600mhz now If I want to upgrade I have to buy memory with the same speed but that won't let me enjoy the full capacity of my CPU which is 2400mhz so tell me do I have to purchase 2 sticks of 8GB ram clocked at 2400mhz or I can put a ram clocked at 2400mhz with the one I currently have In my pc
Buy yourself 1 stick of 1600MHz Ram and enjoy
Place your topic in the correct section of the forum.