[SOLVED] I was able to port forward on my older router but on my new HUAWEI H68245Q2 I can't ?

Jan 3, 2021
Guys i tried to port forward and its not working. I tried with dynamic and static address but it just won't open ports, If anyone can help me i will send him pictures, just please guys.

Solution
I can not find that exact router model but it comes up with similar devices that are 4G. This means mobile broadband. In general if you get your internet via a cell phone tower you do not have a public IP and will never be able to port forward.

Even if this is not a mobile broadband connection you need to check that the IP assigned to your wan port is the same as sites like whatsmyip report. If they are different there a NAT router in the path and you likely do not have a public IP.
I can not find that exact router model but it comes up with similar devices that are 4G. This means mobile broadband. In general if you get your internet via a cell phone tower you do not have a public IP and will never be able to port forward.

Even if this is not a mobile broadband connection you need to check that the IP assigned to your wan port is the same as sites like whatsmyip report. If they are different there a NAT router in the path and you likely do not have a public IP.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution