[SOLVED] I wonder if everything is okay after I upgraded from 8GB to 16GB, please check

Jul 29, 2020
Hi,
so today I added another 2x of 4GB to my PC.

Photos: View: https://imgur.com/a/H1jFwFY

Before it was 2x of 4GB ADATA 1600MHz CL9 1.5V memory. Now I added another 2x of 4GB but this time it's Crucial 8GB 1600MHz Ballistix Sport CL9 1.5V.

Is everything showing ok in my BIOS and also CPU-Z? I also wonder why in BIOS ADATA shows as 1333MHz while on the sticker and in CPU-Z it is 1600.

Thanks!

Solution
It is hard to predict the outcome when you mix and match modules that were not tested to work together. Sometimes it might not even run at all.
The motherboard BIOS will try to run at a speed that is compatible with both RAM kits.
To be sure that RAM will work together at stated speed and timings you will have to buy RAM kits.

That's why manufacturers and vendors won't provide support for that configuration.
It is hard to predict the outcome when you mix and match modules that were not tested to work together. Sometimes it might not even run at all.
The motherboard BIOS will try to run at a speed that is compatible with both RAM kits.
To be sure that RAM will work together at stated speed and timings you will have to buy RAM kits.

That's why manufacturers and vendors won't provide support for that configuration.

Solution
Jul 29, 2020
When you mix and match RAM that was not tested to work together it might not run at the full speed. Sometimes it might not even run at all.
The motherboard BIOS will try to run at speed that is compatible with both RAM kits
It was showing 1333MHz in BIOS even before I added Balistix, so... I guess it's not the point in this specific case.

Jul 29, 2020
It appears that motherboard has mapped all 16GB of RAM in Dual Channel mode at 1600 MHz (799.9 x2 = 1599.8MHz)
So... Everything is all right, right? :))

View: https://imgur.com/a/JBzNHgp

Passmark Rammon

Wonder why it shows that Ballistix are in JEDEC (maybe because it is same as XMP? I'm ignorant in RAM territory) and not in XMP like ADATA but other than that it seems like everything is set and working good.

Jul 29, 2020
I would run Memtest86 from a flash drive, just to make sure the system is stable.
You should do it overnight, since it might take several hours.
Ye... I have to do benchmark someday because of my wacky style of overclocking CPU. I mean it's working, had only 1 bluescreen since I OC'ed but I think that I can go lower with voltages. I'm just too lazy to do it. Anyway, thanks for your input. I appreciate that!