Question I work as a DJ and latencymon is having issues with my audio, I keep getting crackles and pops when I DJ at work ?

Ralston18

Titan
What has been tried thus far?

Noted "related to power management" in the first screen.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Check all audio and power related components. Plugs, ports, cables, adapters, surge protectors, power strips,etc.

D

Deleted member 14196

Latency is usually driver problems. You probably have the wrong drivers installed.

I really hope you haven’t used anything like those silly driver updater programs because they only break your windows they don’t fix anything. In most cases they get the drivers wrong.

Jan 23, 2023
Latency is usually driver problems. You probably have the wrong drivers installed.

I really hope you haven’t used anything like those silly driver updater programs because they only break your windows they don’t fix anything. In most cases they get the drivers wrong.
Yeah I have, do you think it’s worth a factory reset? and I’ve tried everything, done a bios update so it’s all up to date, also my amd ryzen master doesn’t work been trying to get it to work with deleting the files and re installing but had no joy

Jan 23, 2023
What has been tried thus far?

Noted "related to power management" in the first screen.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Check all audio and power related components. Plugs, ports, cables, adapters, surge protectors, power strips,etc.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-8O9QL3S
System Manufacturer SchenkerTechnologiesGmbH
System Model XMG NEO (CZN/E21)
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU XNE15AE21 / XNE17AE21
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. N.1.50A12, 06/09/2022
SMBIOS Version 3.3
Embedded Controller Version 1.32
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer NB02
BaseBoard Product GMxZGxx
BaseBoard Version Standard
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.2251"
Username DESKTOP-8O9QL3S\shado
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.4 GB
Available Physical Memory 22.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 25.0 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Ralston18

Titan
PSU? make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

====

Power down, unlug, open the computer case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place. Unplug and replug as necessary to be sure.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, cracked connectors, pinched or kinked wires, loose or missing screws, browned or blackened components/surfaces, swollen or leaking components, sagging or bending, corrosion/discoloration.

Inspect all external cables for signs of damage. Swap in known working cables when possible (one at a time) to eliminate a faulty cable.

Jan 23, 2023
PSU? make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

====

Power down, unlug, open the computer case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place. Unplug and replug as necessary to be sure.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, cracked connectors, pinched or kinked wires, loose or missing screws, browned or blackened components/surfaces, swollen or leaking components, sagging or bending, corrosion/discoloration.

Inspect all external cables for signs of damage. Swap in known working cables when possible (one at a time) to eliminate a faulty cable.
it's a brand new laptop only had it sice April also i took it 2 days ago to get cleaned and taken apart and had the thermal paste renewed
all the info is above, its a XMG NEO 15 (E21)

Ralston18

Titan
Going back to that Latency Monitor pointed out potential driver problems.

Could be other things going on as well.

What software app(s) are being used for performances? Do the laptops specs match or exceed the app's recommended hardware specs?

On the laptop check in Task Manager for any unnecessary and/or unexpected apps being launched at start-up.

Check Task Scheduler for something being triggered to launch later on.

Try Reliability History: Look for some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time the crackles and pops begin.

Are you able to test using some other laptop? Maybe a backup system?

Look for other reasons:

When DJ'ing do the crackles and pops occur at all locations?

Do you use any surge protectors, power strips, extension cords, amplifiers, mic's, speakers, light effects, etc. as part of the equipment set up?

Is is possible to do some swapping out to determine if there may be other causes/sources for the crackles and pops?

Test by elimination.

Key is to discover some repeatable change (hardware, software, drivers, configuration, peripherals) that starts or stops the crackles and pops.

Jan 23, 2023
Going back to that Latency Monitor pointed out potential driver problems.

Could be other things going on as well.

What software app(s) are being used for performances? Do the laptops specs match or exceed the app's recommended hardware specs?

On the laptop check in Task Manager for any unnecessary and/or unexpected apps being launched at start-up.

Check Task Scheduler for something being triggered to launch later on.

Try Reliability History: Look for some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time the crackles and pops begin.

Are you able to test using some other laptop? Maybe a backup system?

Look for other reasons:

When DJ'ing do the crackles and pops occur at all locations?

Do you use any surge protectors, power strips, extension cords, amplifiers, mic's, speakers, light effects, etc. as part of the equipment set up?

Is is possible to do some swapping out to determine if there may be other causes/sources for the crackles and pops?

Test by elimination.

Key is to discover some repeatable change (hardware, software, drivers, configuration, peripherals) that starts or stops the crackles and pops.
im testing it pulgged into the wall and nothing else is plugged in and its the windows Direct X graffic kernel driver running at 2.9ms
also its cpu 2 running at 1.5ms which is the stockport.sys
and cpu 0 running at 3.0ms dxgkrnl.sys
im not really good on computers as i find things compilated

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Resets rarely work, you have to like format, the drive and reinstall windows clean

but before that did you try reinstalling your chips at drivers and your video driver from your laptop? Download page?