[SOLVED] I would appreciate an expert opinion on whether air cooling would be adequate for an I-7 12 gen cpu and 3060ti gpu that will not be used for gaming

Aug 4, 2021
I will be running 4 monitors w market data being uploaded all day, not sure if this matters. Would the air cooling be adequate because I had a friend encounter major issues w a liquid cooled box after 3 years. opinion would be appreciated, will I be ok w an air cooled pcfor the specs I outlined? thanks for any advice in advance. Btw if not noticed from my writing I do not hve the capability to build one myself so it will be a prebuilt.

Solution
I will be running 4 monitors w market data being uploaded all day, not sure if this matters. Would the air cooling be adequate because I had a friend encounter major issues w a liquid cooled box after 3 years. opinion would be appreciated, will I be ok w an air cooled pcfor the specs I outlined? thanks for any advice in advance. Btw if not noticed from my writing I do not hve the capability to build one myself so it will be a prebuilt.
If you are talking about a 12700...non-k it comes with a cooler.
Try it and see what the temps are like.
If too high replace with a better cooler.

Lutfij

Titan
You apparently filled the thread title with a long sentence where you're advised to keep it concise and then laden the thread's body with the meat and potatoes of the issue/question/discussion. You forgot to mention the "air" cooler you're referring to. Not all coolers are the same and as such their performance's can and will vary. If you're referring to the stock cooler on a non-K suffix processor then no they aren't adequate.

You should also parse the specs of your build like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
for greater context.

If you're looking into a prebuilt, you might want to share some links to the prebuilt you're after, so we can factor in additional cooling.

Aug 4, 2021
Well I apologize I did not meet the standards because there r quite few threads w very long explanations, I am new to posting here. I thought this was a place for the uneducated to learn from others with much more experience. I suppose I must study the intricate rules befoe asking for some simple questions. thanks for your time. I wil have to learn the acceptable form for asking a question. I will add the specs next time.

Last edited:
If you are talking about a 12700...non-k it comes with a cooler.
Try it and see what the temps are like.
If too high replace with a better cooler.

Reactions: bluemvm
Solution