I would like a new CPU and have it be watercooled?

Pollis

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
So my current system:
AMD FX 6300 ( cooling that came with it )
GTX 660 ti
8gbs of ram
and a 1 tb hdd

I'd like to upgrade the cpu to the new AMD Kaveri 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor AMD Radeon R7 series AD785KXBJABOX and I would like it to be water cooled? I have absolutely no experience in watercooling, and would like to know how I would go about upgrading my system. Thanks for reading

Solution
Yes I have my 8320 paired with a 212 hyper plus cpu cooler from cooler master pushing 4.4 ghz and its got more to give just waiting a while to break it in use the extra funds for a good gpu.
To do that upgrade you will need the apu and a new board the system you have now will out do the system you want to build because you have the 660 ti gpu installed its just better given the fact the apu /cpu combos have good igp these days from amd its no comparson to the 660ti card....

rhapdog

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
I don't see a reason for getting the Kaveri if you're going to be getting a discrete graphics card at the same time. I'm go for a higher end CPU. I've got an APU, but if I had the money for the discrete graphics card and a mobo/cpu upgrade, I'd jump on it.

Pollis

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

Okay, so instead of getting the Kaveri, I should get an AMD FX 8350 instead?