[SOLVED] I would like to know if these parts are compatible?

mrstrong000

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
I would like to know if these parts are compatible?

Ryzen 5 2400g
Asus b450m-a
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M2B3000C15)
WD 1 TB 7200RPM

Solution

Yes it would work at the spd speed,probably 2133mhz.

You could just enable DOHC with the ram you bought. Wouldn't worry too much with compatibility,they can't test all ram available.If you are worried take a look at the QVL again and choose ram that is on there.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

I would strongly advice against that,pc cases do come usually with pretty crap psu's,maybe Antec delivers some of their cases with some relative decent psu's,but the rest nope.

To get the ram working at 3200mhz would you need to enable DOHC in the bios,choose the profile for your ram (speed/timings),not difficult to do. ;)

mrstrong000

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
But would it automatically work at a less speed without changing in the bios?
or would I be able to enable DOHC and choose the profile without the need of another ram?
I checked on the motherboard website for compatible ram, however it did not include this specific ram model.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Yes it would work at the spd speed,probably 2133mhz.

You could just enable DOHC with the ram you bought. Wouldn't worry too much with compatibility,they can't test all ram available.If you are worried take a look at the QVL again and choose ram that is on there.

Solution