Question i3-10105 won’t boot with 3200mhz RAM

Oct 28, 2022
Hey guys I’m building a PC with an i3-10105 and 3200mhz DDR4 RAM and it won’t boot. I see on Intel’s website that this CPU only supports up to 2666mhz so could that be why it’s not booting?

LEDs are flashing back and forth between DRAM Yellow & CPU Red

Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 Mortar WiFi

boju

Titan
Ambassador
B560 supports xmp so cpu's native memory speed shouldn't be the issue.

Using 2nd and 4th slot from cpu?

Make sure xmp is setting dram volt to 1.35v. Should be automatic but check anyway.

Is memory from a kit or bought separately? Try only 2nd slot populated to troubleshoot mixed ram (try both separately) or general troubleshooting.

Oct 28, 2022
B560 supports xmp so cpu's native memory speed shouldn't be the issue.

Using 2nd and 4th slot from cpu?

Make sure xmp is setting dram volt to 1.35v. Should be automatic but check anyway.

Is memory from a kit or bought separately? Try only 2nd slot populated to troubleshoot mixed ram (try both separately) or general troubleshooting.
Yes using 2nd and 4th slot for RAM

The PC isn't posting therefore I can't get into the BIOS. Unable to make changes to the XMP settings...

Memory kit is a brand new 2x8g Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

Oct 28, 2022
Can happen i guess. So didn't need to reset cmos then? Just tried each separately until you isolated the faulty stick?
I tried the CMOS reset but it didn’t fix the problem. Yep, tried each stick to isolate the faulty one. Bought a new kit and everything booted up fine.

Luckily was able to do a straight exchange with Amazon and keep the Black Friday price lol

Reactions: boju