[SOLVED] i3 3rd gen

daiyan.-

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
My friend had i5 7th gen with gtx 1050ti for cs go, but due to some issues the pc is now dead. The shop which he bought that pc told they need 2-3 months for the replacements of some parts. He had an old i3 3220 so he wants to know if the gtx 1050ti will be ok to use with i3 3220 and will it gives 240+fps ? because he has ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5 monitor and he wants to get 240+ stable fps.

Solution
It's i3 3rd gen and can you roughly say how much he gets like an average ?
It's very difficult to say because each game is different.
Also the fps he gets is dependent upon the game settings.
Although being that I think it's possible the i5 was more CPU than the 1050 Ti needed, I think that he may get very similar fps with the i3 that he did with the i5.

I definitely would try it. AS I said....I think they will work well together!
Yes, it will be okay to pair the 1050 Ti with the i3-3220; however, a certain number of frames per second is not certain. Also, check the power supply Amps on the +12V rail. The 1050 Ti doesn't need much power, but some power supplies could be insufficient.

daiyan.-

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Yes, it will be okay to pair the 1050 Ti with the i3-3220; however, a certain number of frames per second is not certain. Also, check the power supply Amps on the +12V rail. The 1050 Ti doesn't need much power, but some power supplies could be insufficient.
Ok so will he get the 240 or atleast 200+ ?

daiyan.-

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I think they will work pretty well together.
As far as getting 240 fps+ I can't say......but I think that CPU and GPU are pretty well balanced.
I think his i5 (depending on which one) may have been more than he needed for that GPU.

It's very difficult to say because each game is different.
Also the fps he gets is dependent upon the game settings.
Although being that I think it's possible the i5 was more CPU than the 1050 Ti needed, I think that he may get very similar fps with the i3 that he did with the i5.

I definitely would try it. AS I said....I think they will work well together!

Solution