i3 530 graphics

georgebeee

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
I'm waiting until around christmas. no reason to pay for a warranty and not use it. I'll be looking at the antec earthwatts 750w and an ati 5750 1gig or thereabouts. in a couple more years I'll add a quadcore intel, whatever I can get the best bang for the buck on at the time.

I'm always broke, so I just buy a little behind the times and it works for me.

thanks for the help, any other comments are appreciated also.

georgebeee

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
my last pc was an amd 2000+, I put an amd 550W truepower in it. it didn't crash once over the next couple years. when it did finally crash, it was a dumb download...software. and if I add another optical drive, couple more hard drives and a quad core cpu...I doubt the psu will get in the way. I think overkill on the psu is what my system needs. just my preference.

so...you're telling me I should just pull the antec 550W true power out of my trashed pc and use it in this pc when I finally get around to getting a new video card? I think I'll take you up on that one. I'll replace the psu if it doesn't work or when it kicks the bucket. I like that idea. thanks

The Corsair 400 W PSU is Only $40 (after $15 MIR) an excellent choice
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008

Your max Power Consumption should be no more than 300 W (with a i5-750 and a 5770 GPU. (My System)

The Corsair PSUs are an excellent rated PSU. The 450 Watt version is approx $20 more.

An Outstanding Corsair PSU with planty of reserve Power (ie xfire two 5770 down stream). $75 after $20 MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

Bear in Mind you are trusting that PSU to NOT fail and wipe out your other system components. The Corsair 400 W whould be a better choice than the Antex Truepower even thought it has less wattage. Check out reviews. The Antec truepowers manuf several years ago were a mid level (quality) PSU. if I'm not mistaken.