i3 6100 safe temps?

Ghostface1994

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hey Guys!

So i recently purchased an i3 6100, and it runs at 35-45 degrees C on idle and 62-65 on load. Is this in anyway screwing with my longevity?

Cause I have some arctic silver with me, plus the stock intel cooler uses a thermal tape which is inefficient. Will aplying the arctic silver make any difference?

It may make a small difference, but on the other hand it may not... Also 65C on load is not a bad temperature. The CPU will become entirely obsolete by newer tech before it dies a death of old age and high temperatures. Keeping it below 55C may help it to last another few weeks, but by the time that those few weeks come, you'll probably have already built a new machine to replace it.

Ghostface1994

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
@turey Yeah, I know. But as i said, I want to prolong the life of the CPU, so i asked if applying thermal paste would make a difference in temps.

@weberdarren97, few weeks? You sure man? :p
Anyway, I have a CM Hyper Evo TX3, and i use it on my other PC with the APU. Although i may not swap the CM cooler as APu runs really HOT!

It won't affect the lifespan. And the lifespan for CPUs are so long anyway will you really be using the same chip in 15 years?

Latest posts