i4200 vs i4800SE

I had to send back my Asus V9280TD which is a nvidia 4200 in for RMA and
they are currently out of stock and have offered to send me an Asus
V9480TVD which is a nvidia 4800SE. I am having problems finding
information on the 4800SE cards. In the only benchmark I found it
showed the 4800SE was slightly slower than the 4200 cards. I am looking
for more information on the 4800SE cards or options on if I should take
the V9480TVD instead of waiting for more of the other cards to be restocked.

"S_D" <S_D@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:jzXlc.372647$Ig.306767@pd7tw2no...
> I had to send back my Asus V9280TD which is a nvidia 4200 in for RMA and
> they are currently out of stock and have offered to send me an Asus
> V9480TVD which is a nvidia 4800SE. I am having problems finding
> information on the 4800SE cards. In the only benchmark I found it
> showed the 4800SE was slightly slower than the 4200 cards. I am looking
> for more information on the 4800SE cards or options on if I should take
> the V9480TVD instead of waiting for more of the other cards to be
restocked.

Are you sure it showed the SE as slightly slower? The Ti4800SE is supposed
to be a 4400 with AGP 8x interface, and should be slightly faster than your
old Ti4200.

Dan

I have the 4800SE

you will not notice the slight difference

4200 is slightly slower

"S_D" <S_D@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:jzXlc.372647$Ig.306767@pd7tw2no...

" I am looking for more information on the 4800SE cards or options on if I
should take the V9480TVD instead of waiting for more of the other cards to
be restocked. "

The Ti4200, Ti4400 and Ti4600 were the original GeForce4 Ti range, but they
were all AGP4x. Nvidia felt the need to release some AGP8x cards in the
stop-gap before the FX range was released. They introduced the Ti4200-8x,
the Ti4800SE and the Ti4800. The Ti4200-8x was an AGP8x version of the
Ti4200, the Ti4800SE was an AGP8x version of the Ti4400, and the Ti4800 was
an AGP8x version of Ti4600.

You can check performance comparisons at http://snipurl.com/65gp , and
specification comparisons at http://snipurl.com/65gr . My advice would be
to take the Ti4800SE and run.

On Wed, 05 May 2004 01:37:19 GMT, S_D <S_D@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I had to send back my Asus V9280TD which is a nvidia 4200 in for RMA and
>they are currently out of stock and have offered to send me an Asus
>V9480TVD which is a nvidia 4800SE. I am having problems finding
>information on the 4800SE cards. In the only benchmark I found it
>showed the 4800SE was slightly slower than the 4200 cards. I am looking
>for more information on the 4800SE cards or options on if I should take
>the V9480TVD instead of waiting for more of the other cards to be restocked.

The 4800se is actually nothing more than a Ti4400 (with AGP 8x) and
its easily faster than your TI4200... but not a huge difference. Take
the card... Unless they offer you a 5700Ultra or better.

Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

Take the 4800SE, it's faster than your old 4200. (4800SE is an 8x Ti4400)