[SOLVED] i5-11400f vs. 5600X with RX 570 4GB?

thomasst

Honorable
Mar 18, 2017
Hello,

so recently I started a thread seeking advice on building a new PC, and I've since narrowed down my CPU choice to Ryzen 5600X vs. i5-11400f.*

While I'm aware that this comparison has been done before, I notice that it is usually done with a strong graphics card, and so the difference doesn't turn out to be very significant. However, I'm using a Radeon RX 570 4GB, which I suppose is rather modest by today's standards. What would actually be the result of pairing this GPU with either of the said CPUs? I always game at 1080p.

I assume the RX 570 would cause a bottleneck... Still, without coughing up a large sum of money, is there a better option? :unsure:

* I picked this model over the 12400f due to more expensive motherboard and the chip itself.
** The 5600X costs 70-90% more than the 11400f in my country.

Solution
So basically it's only the matter of whether I'm ready to cough up the extra money for the Ryzen... I'm still on the fence, although I'm leaning towards doing it, because:

Yeah but, from what I've seen, the Ryzen 5000 series support much higher RAM speeds and are overclockable.

By the way, what would be a good chipset for the 11400f? The B560? :unsure:
Yeah b560 would be good. Ive heard overclocking ryzen takes a lot of tweaking and doesn't get you much of a performance drop (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong), also supporting higher ram speeds isn't really a bonus because you just have to pay more for faster ram or else you lose performance.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
The 5600x is better but you wont notice it with an rx 570. Its really up to your budget but I think the 11400f is a better option. It wont perform as well but its a lot cheaper. Some people might say the am4 platform is more upgradeable but you can just put in an 11700f in whenever you need an upgrade

Reactions: thomasst

thomasst

Honorable
Mar 18, 2017
The 5600x is better but you wont notice it with an rx 570. Its really up to your budget but I think the 11400f is a better option. It wont perform as well but its a lot cheaper.

So basically it's only the matter of whether I'm ready to cough up the extra money for the Ryzen... I'm still on the fence, although I'm leaning towards doing it, because:

Some people might say the am4 platform is more upgradeable but you can just put in an 11700f in whenever you need an upgrade

Yeah but, from what I've seen, the Ryzen 5000 series support much higher RAM speeds and are overclockable.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021

Yeah b560 would be good. Ive heard overclocking ryzen takes a lot of tweaking and doesn't get you much of a performance drop (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong), also supporting higher ram speeds isn't really a bonus because you just have to pay more for faster ram or else you lose performance.

Reactions: thomasst
Solution