[SOLVED] i5 12600k with Arctic Freezer II 240 and 100C in stress test

Marty34_96

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
Hello,
new pc build:

Intel Core i5-12600K
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 (LGA 1700 kit)
ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 (DDR4) - Intel Z690
Cooler Master Silencio S600 TG
Geforce 1070 (not in picture).

Using cpu burn test (maximum) and getting 100C. In idle its 35-45C. When I am playing Forza Horizon 5 I am getting like 50-60C. When in loading sometimes 100C.
Please see my build if this is ok. I know that position of radiator is not ideal but its possible that this is the problem why this giving +30C? (for i5-12600K maximum should be like 70C).
I have one vent up 120mm and one vent back 120mm.
269855940-310444977662359-7082450783866646461-n.jpg

Solution
@Marty34_96
A)Purchase an external DVD-ROM and remove the ODD tray.
B)Return the LF II and get an air cooler.

Larger AIOs will not work well in there with the tray intact.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/silencio-s600/#specifications

The specs state that a top mounted 240mm requires the removal of the ODD tray. The LF II having a thicker rad than most AIOs(38mm Vs 27-30mm) is the reason you ran into:
"Cant access to RAM modules (see it on screen), and I must radiator little bit push on MB to insert screws (due ram modules)."

Front mounted AIO will not work well with the radiator below the pump - it's bad anyway because of the almost closed off front panel.

If you do not want to make the compromise...

Lutfij

Titan
I'd move the AIO's radiator to have it above the board to avoid cavitation of the pump. The case looks like a Coolermaster Silencio S400 so you should be able to have the AIO mounted up top. Although your image is low resolution, I can tell that the fans on the AIO are set to push air out through the radiator fins and out to the front of the chassis, you have it wrong.

If the radiator is placed towards to the top, you can mount the fans to exhaust air out the top of the case. If your radiator didn't have the issue with the tube's length and end tanks, I'd have reversed the orientation of the fans to intake air through the radiator fins(from the front of chassis) and blow into the case(in it's current orientation).

Marty34_96

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
Lutfij: fans are set to push hot air in case, so its correct (photo is older). Anyway I have it like this because theres not much space above MB (wrong chosen case). Cant access to RAM modules (see it on screen), and I must radiator little bit push on MB to insert screws (due ram modules). Also I wanted DVD-ROM (impossible with radiator up).
Anyway i will try it move it top. Also I bought today another two Arctic 140mm fans to front. Lets see what happens....

rn-image-picker-lib-temp-2a51a1ff-617c-4600-b783-ffc7a6014fcb-1.jpg

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@Marty34_96

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/silencio-s600/#specifications

The specs state that a top mounted 240mm requires the removal of the ODD tray. The LF II having a thicker rad than most AIOs(38mm Vs 27-30mm) is the reason you ran into:
"Cant access to RAM modules (see it on screen), and I must radiator little bit push on MB to insert screws (due ram modules)."

Front mounted AIO will not work well with the radiator below the pump - it's bad anyway because of the almost closed off front panel.

If you do not want to make the compromise to external DVD-ROM, then go back to air cooling. The tempered glass version has a max clearance of 166mm.
There's quite a few models that'll fit and get along with the ram, but you'll need to tell us what's available to you, or where you're shopping from.

Solution
You have a Z board with a K CPU which means that the default settings of the motherboard is to push as many watts (and Vcore) through the CPU as it can take.
That's why it hits 100 degrees since that's the cut off point.
Go into bios and change PL1, Pl2 and TAU back to what intel suggests, see what temps you get and if the performance gets much worse, and increase them back up to whatever you think is ok heat wise.

Marty34_96

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
@Marty34_96

If you do not want to make the compromise to external DVD-ROM, then go back to air cooling. The tempered glass version has a max clearance of 166mm.
There's quite a few models that'll fit and get along with the ram, but you'll need to tell us what's available to you, or where you're shopping from.
Thank you all guys for your advices, it was very helpfull. I will put radiator top and I will remove ODD tray including DVD rom.
Also main problem was (I am angry to my self and really ashamed) that I forgot to peel off the foil from the pump. What an idiot.
Now I am getting idle 30-36, and stress test max 78C.