Question i5-13600k bad temps and cinebench score

Feb 29, 2024
Hi,
I was going to do some overclocking but I noticed my scores in cinebench hover around 18k-19k, and my temps reach up to 100c. I read the average is around 24k and most people don't get above 80c. I've got a good cooler, and my room temp is about 70F. I've got a contact plate, and my aio is top-mounted. BIOS is not up to date, but is updated to the version that supports 13th gen processors.
My bios settings are factory except a custom CPU_FAN curve, and XMP enabled.

Build:
MOBO: Asus Prime Z690-P Wifi D4
CPU: i5-13600k
COOLER: Galahad AIO 360, using SL120 Uni INF fans.
PSU: G.Skill PS850G
CASE: NZXT H9 Flow, 7 fans + aio fans

Results:
Idle: 45-55C
Cinebench: 100C

Things I've tried:
  • Reapplied thermal paste 3x
  • Re-mounted cooler 3x
  • Resetting BIOS; this made it so i wasn't getting to 100c within a few secs, temps hovered around 95 but eventually reached 100c on all cores.
During test:
pxtjOMq.png

Near end of test:
zIUbxvd.png

Feb 29, 2024
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

How is the AIO mounted in your chassis? BIOS version for your motherboard? As for your AIO, how old is it? I had to RMA one for a client's build. The AIO due to the pump ending up with cavitation.
Thanks!
The AIO is only ~7 months old. It's mounted at the top in an exhaust? configuration
Bios version is 2603, 6/30/2023

My bios settings are factory except a custom CPU_FAN curve, and XMP enabled.
Factory settings have your PL1 and PL2 set at 4095W...
This means that the bios is trying to auto overclock.
Now max power is still only 160W even though intel gives a headroom up to 181W for the 13600k.
I don't know if 1.2V is way too much or ok for that CPU, but I would start with trying to reduce that. If your bios has a setting called undervolt protection then you will have to disable that first.
Or if the bios has intel default settings somewhere load those in, change auto to default or to off on settings that control clocks and power.