[SOLVED] I5 2400 in pc

computerisslow

Reputable
Jun 26, 2020
So my pc, hp compaq sff 6200 pro, is pretty slow, with games, so I got a gt 1030 and it helped an insane amount, now I am looking into the processor and was wondering what processors could be a direct replacment i5 2400? i7? what would work?, I am looking into playing MHW

Solution
^ well, maybe.

Check with the manufacturer website and particularly to the mobo to see if there is a compatibility list. You "might" be able to go as high as a 3770. Sometimes that info can be a little hard to find, so you might check BIOS revisions for update notes. Another alternative is to look for your EXACT model with higher spec-ed parts to see what was available (if anything) higher, and check it's manuals and deets to see if the mobo was the same.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
^ well, maybe.

Check with the manufacturer website and particularly to the mobo to see if there is a compatibility list. You "might" be able to go as high as a 3770. Sometimes that info can be a little hard to find, so you might check BIOS revisions for update notes. Another alternative is to look for your EXACT model with higher spec-ed parts to see what was available (if anything) higher, and check it's manuals and deets to see if the mobo was the same.

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
On a side note, I would consider using the Spectre and Meltdown disable programs. It makes these run a considerable amount faster in that age group. For further details or information I would suggest checking the "TechYesCity" YouTube channel.